Anyone else crazy enough to go 12/25 - 1/1??

Luvmyfam3

I love DVC!
I've never been to WDW during this time and I'm getting really worried!! I need to know that there are others out there as crazy/brave as I am!!

Also, any tips??

I am excited about all the Christmas stuff!!!

Kim :crazy: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We went once at this time of year. We arrived in Orlando on 12/25 and left on 1/2. While it was a lot of fun it was very, very crowded and everything took a lot longer to do then anticipated. Since this is school vacation time there were many children under ten. This did not bother us a whole lot because we had our own with us but many people without children with them were not very pleasant in the crowds and long lines. If you can I would suggest that you go down before 12/17 to avoid the MLK holiday and Christmas crowds. If you cannot go down earlier just leave plenty of time to do what you want to do and be sure to take breaks as far away from the most crowded areas as you can get.

Be sure to wear your Christmas smile at all times and ignore the bah humbuggers as much as possible.

We're going 12/23 to 1/2, and I can't wait. :hyper: We've been numerous times, so all we're really going for is the special Christmas & NYE activities. However, we are only planning on spending 3 days in the parks. DH & I were just discussing last night, how we never knew there were so many neat things to do in Orlando, until we decided to go at a time that we may need to avoid the crowds. We're really more excited about the other things that we are going to do that week. We're staying at FW, and plan on spending at least 2 days enjoying their activities. Have fun!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

We went last year from Dec 20th to Jan 4....it was awesome...but be aware very very crowded...

We will be there from 12/22 thru 1/3. We went two years ago at Christmas time and it was crowded. However, there is nothing like being at Disney World at Christmas.

This time frame and had a great time it is crowded use Fast Pass and arrive early with a basic plan in place and you will have magical memories for a life time.This is very special if not the most special time to visit WDW.::yes:: :wave2:

I'll be there leading my extended family group of 12 people. 3 children - ages 5, 8, & 8. Five 30 somethings (me, my DH, my 2 bros. and 1 of their spouses), three 50 somethings (my parents who are divorced and one of their significant others), and my almost 80 year old grandmother.

As for tips, definitely get to the parks early and make priority seatings for any restaurants or character meals. We're renting a house and we're taking every 3rd day as a sleep in and non-park day. The other days, we'll be at the parks from opening to close with a PS for a leisurely lunch as a break on most days. I'm the designated planner of the group (of which only 3 are first-timers), and I'm basically telling everyone which park we're going to each day (avoiding early entry park), what time we need to leave the house each morning, and what time and where our PS meals are. Once we're at the park, I'll let everyone know where my immediate family is going and that they're welcome to come along with us, or they can go do their own thing and just meet back up with us at meal times.

I never ever suggest that somebody go to Disney World at Christmastime if it is their first visit because it is very, very crowded. That said, Christmas week is our favorite time at Disney World. No we don't get to ride as many rides because the lines are long. But, we do get to visit the resorts and look at the decorations. Don't forget to see the lifesized gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian (where they sell cookies) or the giant gingerbread house at Epcot (where they sell cookies and hot chocolate) or the amusement park made entirely of chocolate at the Boardwalk or the lifesized gingerbread carousel at the Yacht Club or was it the Beach Club. Don't forget to see the Osborne Christmas lights at the MGM-Disney Studios. Look closely at the Christmas trees in each of the parks -- like the one in Canada with the antlers. Each and every Christmas tree has it's own theme.

Just relax, enjoy all the decorations and be happy that you are spending Christmas at Disney World. We won't be there for Christmas this year, but we will be next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter