Anyone else care to share thier cruise budget

OBC = onboard credit, which you can use for anything while on board a cruise. This is offered directly from the cruiseline and/or travel agents. Note - Different agencies offer different incentives, so be sure to shop around. A great way to shop for obc's/incentives is via www.cruisecompete.com. You submit what you're looking for (i.e., the cruiseline, the dates, location, room categories, etc.) and wait for the travel agencies to respond with their incentives. Give it at least 3 days for all the agencies to see your request and respond. It's great in that it's anonymous. Meaning, they don't get your name/contact info unless you respond to their incentives.

This is GREAT information. I tried it this morning and within minutes received 4 quotes. all were similar in price but each offered different OBC and other discounts.

Thanks

My Disney cruises have been with one other person (relative or friend), and usually in the least expensive cabin. My cruise cost for the 4-night Feb. 27 Dream cruise is about $490 with taxes, after 10% onboard booking discount of $36. :) I don't drink alcohol, so there's no bar tab. I tip the recommended amount and usually no more, and I don't buy many souvenirs.

The tolls from WDW to Port Canaveral via 417/528 are $4 each way if you get on at State Road 536, and I think $4.50 if you get on at Osceola Parkway. They're slightly less if you take I-4 to 528, but that route has much more traffic. There is only one toll after leaving the airport (north exit to 528) on the way to PC, and that one is $1.50. The other two tolls on 417 are $1.25 each, plus $.50 if you get off at exit 3 (Osceola Parkway).

Trying to save where I can before making a final decision, I just check my Marriott Rewards to see if there were any tie-ins to Disney Cruise and there is. If you have Marriott Points, you can redeem for DCL discounts.

$250 Cruise Certificate 70,000
$500 Cruise Certificate 110,000
$1000 Cruise Certificate 145,000

You have to book through them but that can be a substantial savings.

Ok, before I list all of this, let me preface by saying that our vacations are usually major vacations. We save all year for them, and while we don't deprive ourselves of luxuries throughout the year, we really don't have any expensive hobbies, etc. that we spend money on. There. I feel better now.

Me, DH, and DD10 (14 nights total)

$164 1 night at hotel in Pittsburgh before flight
$275 (Using some miles) Includes taxes, fees, baggage
$260 Passports
$3,488 7-nights MYW Package w/dining at WDW before cruise
(Caribbean Beach/Preferred)
$4,136 (Cat. 8D/Includes insurance and transfers)
$300 Food, drinks, etc.
$500 Pictures
$1,000 Souvenirs (budgeting high, but may buy an expensive item or two)
$1,000 Excursions (wanting to do Dolphin Encounter and parasailing)
$250 Tips
$400 Spa
$140 1 night Pop Century after cruise

$11,913 Total:eek:

Ok, before I list all of this, let me preface by saying that our vacations are usually major vacations. We save all year for them, and while we don't deprive ourselves of luxuries throughout the year, we really don't have any expensive hobbies, etc. that we spend money on. There. I feel better now.

Me, DH, and DD10 (14 nights total)

$164 1 night at hotel in Pittsburgh before flight
$275 (Using some miles) Includes taxes, fees, baggage
$260 Passports
$3,488 7-nights MYW Package w/dining at WDW before cruise
(Caribbean Beach/Preferred)
$4,136 (Cat. 8D/Includes insurance and transfers)
$300 Food, drinks, etc.
$500 Pictures
$1,000 Souvenirs (budgeting high, but may buy an expensive item or two)
$1,000 Excursions (wanting to do Dolphin Encounter and parasailing)
$250 Tips
$400 Spa
$140 1 night Pop Century after cruise

$11,913 Total:eek:

That's about $2k more than I spent for 3 weeks in Europe this summer with my 2 adult daughters on a pre-cruise land trip (3 nights each in London and Paris), 12-night Princess British Isles cruise (inside cabin), 2 nights post-cruise in Bath/Heathrow and all spending!

That's about $2k more than I spent for 3 weeks in Europe this summer with my 2 adult daughters on a pre-cruise land trip (3 nights each in London and Paris), 12-night Princess British Isles cruise (inside cabin), 2 nights post-cruise in Bath/Heathrow and all spending!

Yea I know...it's terribly high. My downfalls are my souvenirs, excursions and the cruise itself. $4,200 is really high for 5 nights I think.:confused3 But probably because it's the Dream. And keep in mind too, this trip is in July...peak season.

Yea I know...it's terribly high. My downfalls are my souvenirs, excursions and the cruise itself. $4,200 is really high for 5 nights I think.:confused3 But probably because it's the Dream. And keep in mind too, this trip is in July...peak season.

I saw your 7 nights at WDW and assumed it was a 7-night cruise. Yes, that price for a 5-night Disney cruise is even worse! My Europe trip was also in peak season - June 16-July 7. When I spend that kind of money, it had better be to go somewhere more exciting than Florida and the Bahamas.

I saw your 7 nights at WDW and assumed it was a 7-night cruise. Yes, that price for a 5-night Disney cruise is even worse! My Europe trip was also in peak season - June 16-July 7. When I spend that kind of money, it had better be to go somewhere more exciting than Florida and the Bahamas.

But see...to each his own, I guess. I'd much rather be in the Caribbean on a brand new ship (even if it's just the Bahamas) than spend a week (or even 3) in Europe. That has no appeal to me.

But see...to each his own, I guess. I'd much rather be in the Caribbean on a brand new ship (even if it's just the Bahamas) than spend a week in Europe. That has no appeal to me.

I'll be on the brand-new ship in February, at $490 (half of the cabin price shared with a friend)! Florida/Bahamas/Caribbean in the summer - ugh! I'll take Europe any day over the Caribbean.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER list out all of your expenses! That is the only way we can continue to travel! If I ever made a list like that, DH would drop dead!

Ditto! We are doing a 10 night land/sea in June 2012 and I am guessing it's going to come to almost $7000. The idea of spending that much on a vacation seems so extravagant to me, I can't even think about the total. I just have to close my eyes and do it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter