Anyone eat at the Artist Point restaurant lately?

MontanaCowgirl

I'm addicted to quilting & not ashamed to admit it
I am planning on making a list of the different WDW restaurants we want to be sure to eat at while on our trip. Have any of you eaten at Artist Point at the Ft Wilderness Lodge? What kinds of food do they serve? I am deathly allergic to shellfish & stay clear of seafood all together. Hubby likes steak & potatoes. Hey! He's a cowboy! :teeth: We will be there for 12 days & nights!

So far on my list:

Cinderella's Royal Table
Liberty Tree Tavern
Tony's Town Square Restaurant
Whispering Canyon Cafe`
Shula's Steakhouse
Le Cellier Steakhouse
Concourse Steakhouse
Rainforest Cafe`
Hollywood Brown Derby
50's Primetime Cafe`
L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante
Gulliver's Grill
Palio

Some will be for lunch, some for dinner, some for breakfast. I would love to hear your opinions on those listed & others. We will stick with American or Italian. We figure we will be safe with that. We may get more adventuresome with our next trip...who knows! Just NO seafood!

I can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait!

:wave:

Artist Point is actually over at the Wilderness Lodge - not part of Fort Wilderness (but not too far away!) :)

I'm going to redirect this post over to the Restaurants board, where hopefully you'll get some better response! :Pinkbounc

Last December was the most recent.

Food, service and atmosphere are all great.

There's plenty to choose from even if you don't like seafood.
If you did, I'd recommend the cedar plank salmon.

Love the buffalo filet.........very lean. Have never been disappointed. Order it on the rare side, otherwise it's too dry.

Also, while all the servers are very nice, we've had, and usually ask for POK ( pronounced "poke") Super friendly and knowledgeable.

You will really love Artist Point.

(save room for dessert)

Gotta tell ya, MontanaCowgirl, I am pretty disappointed that you will be staying at FW but left Trail's End off that restaurant list!

As an aside, I spent some time last year at Lame Deer on a medical mission, and got to travel around Montana some - like your state, but those trucks with triple trailers - YEOW!:eek:

Here's another thumbs up for the buffalo filet at AP, it is very good. Also the berry cobbler is wonderful for dessert!

Originally posted by ftwildernessguy
Gotta tell ya, MontanaCowgirl, I am pretty disappointed that you will be staying at FW but left Trail's End off that restaurant list!

I didn't list Trail's End since we've been there done that before. I'm sure we will do the buffet a few times just out of convenience. Thanks for all the opinions! Keep 'em coming! We get buffalo pretty regular up here :teeth:

We were just there in July and ate at AP. We had a very good meal! We got the venison spring rolls as an appetizer, and my husband and I shared the Mixed Grill with Venison, Lamb and Rabbit. We added a small piece of the Cedar Plank Salmon. Everything was wonderful, and we finished with the Chocolast Silk Bread Pudding.

If your husband likes steak and potatoes, you might want to add the Yachtsman Steakhouse to your list. We had two great meals there during our visit.

Consider YS added to the list! Thank you!

A word about the buffalo... JFYI it is always lean, as is most game meats such as elk, deer, antelope, etc. So far the only ones that aren't lean that we have had are bear & boar. But neither is domestic pork & they are related. But I like the flavor of buffalo & elk the best! Yummy! Deer (or venison) is my least favorite followed closely by antelope. Moose is good. :)

Nice to hear that AP has lamb on the menu! One of my favorites! We also like Chinese occasionally but I have to be very careful that there is no shellfish in the dishes. One bite & I'm a gonner!:eek: I'm that allergic!

I'm getting more & more excited!!! See our countdown? Almost 2 digits! It will seem to go much faster then.

I'm sure there may be other places for lamb, but the other one I know of off the top of my head is Rose & Crown at Epcot. I had the lamb there in '97, and it was wonderful!

I've never ventured beyond venison and buffalo, but I'm always open to trying things once. We have a buffalo restaurant here, Ted's Montana Grill, owned by media-mogul Ted Turner. Their buffalo prime rib French Dip sandwiches are to die for.

I'm jealous of your almost-2-digits! I really went through a funk after our 10 day trip. I didn't want to leave! The good news is that we joined the DVC, so I don't think it will be another 6 years before we visit again.

Oh wow! If I lived in GA I would be there several times a year if I had to sell DH to do it!!! hahahahaha Just kidding...good cowboys are hard to find!:teeth:

I will definitely add the Rose & Crown to my list. Hmmmmm we may have to stay longer just to get to all our choices! LOL Actually DH & I have been talking about this & we have all ready decided we will try to make this trip every other year. Every year if we get a good calf crop! (It's a 5 - 6 day drive for us one way.) He hasn't even gotten there yet (this is his first trip, my gadzillionenth) & he's catching the magic!!! I had him watch all the specials they had on the travel channel. He's beginning to see why I would live at WDW FWC if given the opportunity! :teeth: Once he actually experiences it for real he will feel as I do I'm sure!

BTW mckryan, my DD just decided to attend college in GA! At UGA.

Booo-hisss - UGA! Hubby is a Georgia Tech grad and I went to Auburn. :D

Hubby liked DVC because of all the choices we have for other places around the country/world. I like it just for WDW. He can tell he's in for a losing battle with my daughter and I - we'd go every year if we could. I know he's going to make me save points for some other vacations, but hopefully we can make it down to WDW at least once a year.

Your husband will have a great time for his first visit. There's just no place like it on earth, and there are some great restaurants (trying desperately to stay on-topic!) in such a small area. You never have to leave the property!

Christa

Originally posted by mckryan
Booo-hisss - UGA! Hubby is a Georgia Tech grad and I went to Auburn.

hahahahahahaha Well she's going where they have a good criminal justice program. She hasn't even visited the campus yet but she will need to be near Atlanta. She's going to visit this weekend.

Your husband will have a great time for his first visit. There's just no place like it on earth, and there are some great restaurants (trying desperately to stay on-topic!) in such a small area. You never have to leave the property!

Like I said I've been there a gadzillion times! (FSU graduate & my mother & son live next door to WDW). I cannot wait to get back there!!! I agree there is no place like it on earth! I think the most fun for me will be to watch his reaction to WDW as a 1st timer! Since we don't fly to any vacations we take, I can't see us joining DVC or any other travel club. If we can't drive we don't go.

I love to sample the different restaurants in Epcot!!! We will be there for the Wine & Food Festival!!! THAT will be fun!

We had dinner at the japanese steak house, and it was really good - just like Benihana. Then we stopped by France for a chocolate croissant. It was heavenly. The best one I've had since I visited France! We've eaten lunch in Mexico before, and at Rose & Crown, but that's it. Lots more restaurants to explore. One year I need to plan to be there for the Food & Wine Festival. That's right up my alley!

I'm not too keen on flying these days, so I can understand the desire to drive. DVC is good because there are a lot of places to stay throughout the US in addition to Disney. One of these days I will get my act together and look through the book and start marking all the places that I'm interested in so I can start planning.

Atlanta (Athens) will be a big change from Montana, that's for sure! Athens is a nice-sized college town, so I'm sure she will enjoy her time there. I'm not sure I could be far from home, though. At least you do have family less than a day's drive away.

Christa

The mixed grill when I was there was Ostrich, Buffalo and Venison. All excellent. The chocolate bread pudding was incredible.

The best steak I've had on Disney property was at Jiko. The tenderloin with the mac & cheese. I kid you not.

Just wanted to add that I have a shellfish (& fish) allergy too & can do WDW with no problems. I always have it noted on our ressies & inform our server. My allergy is so severe that I can't even tolerate cross-contamination on the grill, etc. We ate at AP in July & had one of our best meals of our trip. I had the beef filet - we can get buffalo here in Oklahoma too & I didn't care for whatever the side dish offerings were. The steak was fabulous. I also had the Mushroom soup as an appetizer - it was "to Die For"! I'm still trying to find someone who might have the recipe - I didn't think to ask for it that evening. Have fun!

Best steak I had last trip was at the Brown Derby! It just melted in my mouth!!! I had the filet mignon...my favorite cut!

I can't have the food cooked in the same oil as seafood either, so if the restaurant serves deep fried anything shellfish I can't order the fries or anything deep fried. Be nice if restaurants realized this was a problem & had a separate deep fat fryer just for their shellfish. I can't handle the raw meat in my hands either or they swell up to the point...well I don't want to ruin anyone's appetite.

I LOVE Italian food! Hubby can take it or leave it. So he will sacrifice a steak or two for me to try something new!:teeth: There is sooooo much to choose from there, it will be hard to decide where we want to eat!

I sure do appreciate all your imput!

We ate at AP last June and had a fantastic meal. I have to give a thumbs up for the mushroom soup. My dh ordered it, and I ordered something different. Well, he made such a fuss over how good it was that I had to try it. I was BEGGING him to switch appetizers with me after one taste! LOL Of course, he wouldn't switch, but I did manage to get a couple more bites from him! LOL

The chocolate bread pudding was AWESOME! Yum Yum!!! LOL

Have a fun trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter