Anyone Eat at Giordano's?

SnowWtch

DIS Veteran
I've only been there once but that was years ago and I've never had their stuffed pizza. Has anyone tried it? Was it good? Is it filling? I'm trying to find a nice place off property to eat dinner one night in December.

okay I'm piggy backing on this one also because my sister and I got in an argument and I told her it was the same Giordano's that is in chicago and she said no they can't be affliated. Just curious as to who is right?

We have eaten here and it was good and very filling. I would recommend it!!

I think it is from Chicago.

We get it at least once while we are down. We enjoy the pie. It is very filling and we usually have 2 meals out of 2 pies between the 5 of us.

scoutsmom99 said:
okay I'm piggy backing on this one also because my sister and I got in an argument and I told her it was the same Giordano's that is in chicago and she said no they can't be affliated. Just curious as to who is right?

It is absolutely the same Giordano's from Chicago. They have locations in a few FL cities. Two in Orlando. It is always one of my favorite spots to eat pizza in FL OR Chicago. The best. The deep dish is great but extremely filling. I happen to like the thin crust spinach best of all (they didn't have it last month when I was there because of the spinach scare. Hope its back soon!).

It is absolutely the same Giordano's, I'm from Chicago and my sister / brother-in-law own 2 of them here! They actually ship all of the ingredients down there from the same suppliers as here, so you can get the same awesome Chicago stuffed pizza you love from here that Chicago is famous for!

We bought a place there and were SO excited it's just a mile away, and they deliver to boot! We did have some difficulties ordering for delivery from them, several times. I told my BiL to let corporate know that they need to improve their phone service, the problem is they link everything to a phone # when you call for delivery and the whole vacation rental market throws it off completely since different guest names stay at the same phone # on a regular basis. The person we kept talking to on the phone didn't get that... /sigh.... but their food is excellent! We haven't eaten inside the restaurant in that location, but we have ordered delivery from there a bunch of times and it's excellent, just as good as at home! :)

We suggest the stuffed pizza or the stuffed spinach pizza, bring your appetites cause it's filling! They can also take a while to cook if you're going to eat in, so if you're bringing little kids...a suggestion/tip..call ahead and pre-order your pizza as it can be a 45 min wait to cook one.

Our family ate at Giordano's in Nov. '05 and it was by far the worst pizza we have ever had. We are from NJ where a great pizza place is on every corner, and this didn't even come close. I've had frozen pizza that was better than this; it was like cardboard. Maybe we hit it on an off night but we'll never go back!

We have never been to the one that is by Downtown Disney, we always go to the one on 192 and we LOVE it. I am from NY and pizza is HUGE in my family. I can not stand Florida pizza. I don't really like any of the chains (Pizza Hut, Dominos, etc...) but I love Giordano's. It is very filling, as others have mentioned we usually make 2 meals out of it. Our vote is to give it a try, we love it!

scoutsmom99 said:

You are correct, it is the same as the one in Chicago, they have locations all over, i was so happy when i was in FL and saw my favorite pizza place, and it tasted exactly the same as i get here in IL. :thumbsup2

I am so excited to hear that there is a Giordano's in Florida. Friends ate at one in Chicago and said it is the best. DH ate there in Chicago a few months ago and said it was awesome.

I need to try it. :banana:

they opened one a few minutes from us a couple of months ago. it's exactly the same pizza we used to get from them when we lived in IL. we get it as takeout, because there's usually a wait to get in.

It is fabulous! You have to try out the stuffed pizza. Tastes just as good in FL as in IL

Ate there once with relatives. Everyone has different tastes and we happen to enjoy NY thin crust or woodfired thin crust like Puck's. The huge appetizer platter was excellent. Did not care for the stuffed pizza. The dough was still raw in places on this visit, The thin crust pizza was OK but had way too much sauce. Not dissing the place. Just was not a favorite. :confused3

I am from NY and pizza is HUGE in my family. I can not stand Florida pizza.
Have you ever been over to Melbourne Beach and tried Bizarro's? It may change your mind. Huge hand tossed gooey greasy NY pizza.

We love this place and they deliver ! We've had deliveries to both our Vistana timeshare as well as our DVC. In Aug, we placed an order at 11:15 pm and the food was delivered to the front door of our OKW villa just before midnight. It was great to have this option because there's no place to get food at OKW past 10:30 ish and we were at the parks.

Giordanos is the best pizza around. Be sure to look out for coupons floating around too!

we got pizza from there last month. We got the large shrimp stuffed crust and it was delicious. The cheese was so thick the weight of the slce broke a disposable plate!

madcoco said:
Have you ever been over to Melbourne Beach and tried Bizarro's? It may change your mind. Huge hand tossed gooey greasy NY pizza.

Thanks :thumbsup2 I will add that to my list of places to try. Next time we head out that way I will definetly tell hubby we need to stop :)

I went during my last trip in July. It was AWESOME. We stayed in a vacation home so I brought home an entire dinner one night, ravioli, lasagna, salad and garlic bread.... yummmeee!!

Robinrs said:
I went during my last trip in July. It was AWESOME. We stayed in a vacation home so I brought home an entire dinner one night, ravioli, lasagna, salad and garlic bread.... yummmeee!!

Ah - you just reminded me. Their Bruschetta is the best I've ever had. Can't wait to be back there in December.

I llike their pizza but I will say that when we ate at the 192 location last year we had absolutely the worst service that I have ever received in any restaurant anywhere. I'm usually a very good tipper and will leave at least 15% even for mediocre service (my husband gets mad at me for this), but for the first time in my life I very pointedly left a quarter on the table. The restaurant wasn't even crowded at the time we went.

We've also eaten at the 535/Palm Parkway area location and had no problems. I'd go back there again but the location on 192 will never see me again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter