Anyone DVC folks going to the World this month? Where is everyone staying?

March 9th - 20th! Wish waitlist would come through so we didn't have to move from Boardwalk view to Pool view the last few days... need some pixie dust :)

Counting down to our first trip "home" -- BCV 3/20-3/27!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

We check in 3/22-3/24 for our first VWL stay- going to a yankees/Tigers spring training game- a surprise for DS13. This trip is just us, his last spring break before he starts high school (he'll be playing baseball next spring break like his older brother is this year). On the 24th we get on the Dream for 4 nights! Can't wait for spring break!

We too are counting down to our "First Trip Home". We are staying in a 2 bed lake view at BLT the 23rd through 29th. There will be 9 of us including my 4kids, DW, my Dad, stepmother and sister in law. We're driving from Chicago area so it should be interesting with the four little ones.

We plan on not telling the kids where we are really going until we are in Florida. Plan on staying in Gainesville the night before and springing it on them while we are "Driving back home"
anyone have ideas how best to break the news? DW seems to think a scavenger hunt with clues in the car would be good

Can't wait to be heading to the world from cold and snowy Central Wis :cool1:- will be there from 3/20 until 4/3 - split stay between BCV, BWV and AoA.

Is it time to start packing yet?:cheer2:

We too are counting down to our "First Trip Home". We are staying in a 2 bed lake view at BLT the 23rd through 29th. There will be 9 of us including my 4kids, DW, my Dad, stepmother and sister in law. We're driving from Chicago area so it should be interesting with the four little ones.

We plan on not telling the kids where we are really going until we are in Florida. Plan on staying in Gainesville the night before and springing it on them while we are "Driving back home"
anyone have ideas how best to break the news? DW seems to think a scavenger hunt with clues in the car would be good

Once we surprised our son...he was in the 2nd grade. He thought we were going to drive to Virginia to go to The Great Wolf Lodge for a long weekend. LOL So we took off in the van....headed to the airport and when we got there to park we told him. LOL He was surprised but we didn't go all out in doing it.

A scavenger hunt sounds fun. Do you have a dvd player in your van? I am assuming you are in a van. You could bring Disney movies for them to watch.... maybe some Disney toys too. Kind of theme everything around Disney and see how long it takes for them to figure it out. Buy Disney snacks....they sell a lot now in grocery stores. Maybe have Disney shirts they can wear that day. Just dropping little hints like that ...might be fun to see who figures it out first. LOL

2 nts BLT and our first cruise on Dream is just 2 days away! Helps me ignore the snow here today!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We have stayed at Kidani the last three Easters...They have a candy scramble (packs of candy all over that the kids "hunt" for) and then also an egg hunt. Last year both were at the Kidani pool area. Ask at the front desk for the Easter activities schedule. The Easter bunny/ minnie visit also. The gift shop will be selling Easter baskets. Have fun! We love Easter at wdw!

Thank you for this info! :goodvibes

I'm glad to hear that you love Easter at WDW. I know it will be crowded, but I'm looking forward to it.

Have you gone to MK on Easter day?

edk35 said:
Once we surprised our son...he was in the 2nd grade. He thought we were going to drive to Virginia to go to The Great Wolf Lodge for a long weekend. LOL So we took off in the van....headed to the airport and when we got there to park we told him. LOL He was surprised but we didn't go all out in doing it.

A scavenger hunt sounds fun. Do you have a dvd player in your van? I am assuming you are in a van. You could bring Disney movies for them to watch.... maybe some Disney toys too. Kind of theme everything around Disney and see how long it takes for them to figure it out. Buy Disney snacks....they sell a lot now in grocery stores. Maybe have Disney shirts they can wear that day. Just dropping little hints like that ...might be fun to see who figures it out first. LOL

We are taking a van and plan on going with the whole Disney theme. We have been playing almost all Disney movies for about the last month. None of them have caught on yet. We have even been putting on the "Disney Parks" videos that are available on Netflix. They are usually glued yo those ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter