Anyone drive I-95 recently?

deedeew80

Dreaming of My Prince
We leave in 11 days from NJ and will be driving down I-95. Just curious if anyone has made that drive recently and if so, is everything opened? Specifically, to use a bathroom, besides just rest stops. Thanks!

I made the drive from Jersey to Florida last week. Everything is open and business as usual.
Good to hear! Did you happen to stay at any hotels along the way? We usually drive straight through on the way down, but on the way home we usually stop half way. Just wondering how hotels are during Covid, as for being opened and being safe.

We did. In Rocky Mount, NC going north and in Florence, SC going south. They did have signs requiring masks but it really wasn't enforced. Both hotel's restaurants were closed. We used door dash to order dinner.

Did PA to HHI around Halloween. We had trouble with fast food. Stopping to eat and use restroom. Many are not open inside, just drive through. Had to do gas station dinner and potty on way home. On way there we grabbed food in drive through and then stopped at rest area to potty. We had the dog with us so we didn't want to do a sit down restaurant.

Did PA to HHI around Halloween. We had trouble with fast food. Stopping to eat and use restroom. Many are not open inside, just drive through. Had to do gas station dinner and potty on way home. On way there we grabbed food in drive through and then stopped at rest area to potty. We had the dog with us so we didn't want to do a sit down restaurant.
This is what I am worried about, places we usually stop to use a bathroom not being opened inside. We’re not worried about eating, as we will be bringing food with us anyway. Just wanted a decent place to use a bathroom. Gas station bathrooms creep me out!! Lol!

This is what I am worried about, places we usually stop to use a bathroom not being opened inside. We’re not worried about eating, as we will be bringing food with us anyway. Just wanted a decent place to use a bathroom. Gas station bathrooms creep me out!! Lol!
One tip, though may not always be accurate, is on google maps....it lists 'dine-in' and 'drive-through' and 'takeout' and the like...has green check (for yes) or red x (for nope). It lists 2 or 3 categories on main page but if you click on them it will take you to a full list. But some green checks, we found, were wrong. Chick fil a is a complete no go for inside.

Rest areas were open. We have a phone app called Rest Stops. Have another app called iExit for what is at each exit along i95. And, as mentioned above, the big truck stop (Flying J/Pilot/Love's) type gas stations (or something like a Sheetz/Wawa/Royal Farms) were good. The one we finally stopped at to eat and potty on trip home was one and had a Subway inside so that worked okay for us. Bathrooms weren't bad.

We drive 95 a lot. Too often, in my book (cause of all the NoVa and DC traffic mess). Going again in 10 days (for the, at least, 6th time this year).

Last edited:
One tip, though may not always be accurate, is on google maps....it lists 'dine-in' and 'drive-through' and 'takeout' and the like...has green check (for yes) or red x (for nope). It lists 2 or 3 categories on main page but if you click on them it will take you to a full list. But some green checks, we found, were wrong. Chick fil a is a complete no go for inside.

Rest areas were open. We have a phone app called Rest Stops. Have another app called iExit for what is at each exit along i95. And as mentioned above the big truck stop (Flying J/Pilot/Love's) type gas stations (or something like a Sheetz/Wawa/Royal Farms) were good. The one we finally stopped at to eat and potty on trip home was one and had a Subway inside so that worked okay for us. Bathrooms weren't bad.

We drive 95 a lot. Too often, in my book (cause of all the NoVa and DC traffic mess). Going again in 10 days (for the, at least, 6th time this year).
This is good to know! Thank you! I do have the iExit app and love it! I too wonder how accurate some things on the google app are regarding what’s opened and what not. Hopefully we won’t have to stop all that often, but I will have two kids (8 & 10) with us so...Lol!

Curious if the Welcome Centers are open (at least)?
South bound I-95,The Florida welcome station is open. All other rest stop between the FL/GA border are also open. I think the I4 Westbound rest stop near Longwood is fully open, While the eastbound rest stop is closed for non-semi traffic. Not due to covid but the I-4 expansion and reconfiguring the rest stop.

Most restaurants, convenience stores near I-95/I-4 are open. So you won't go hungry or need to hold a bio break. I just made a run from Jacksonville to St Petersburg.

South bound I-95,The Florida welcome station is open. All other rest stop between the FL/GA border are also open. I think the I4 Westbound rest stop near Longwood is fully open, While the eastbound rest stop is closed for non-semi traffic. Not due to covid but the I-4 expansion and reconfiguring the rest stop.

Most restaurants, convenience stores near I-95/I-4 are open. So you won't go hungry or need to hold a bio break. I just made a run from Jacksonville to St Petersburg.

Thank you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter