Anyone done Universal Dining plan before?

Summer-Caitlin

DIS Veteran
I am trying to get an idea of prices for staying at Universal for 4 nights next year prior to 14 nights at Disney with DDP. I notice that Universal now do a dining plan and as I love the DDP I wondered if this would be worth it?

I also wondered where (other than Universal direct) I can book this with dining plan? There doesn't seem to be options to book dining on Expedia etc.

Thanks

Unless you eat a LOT of fast food and intend to eat all day, it's really not worth it. The food at Universal is reasonably priced and there are lots of restaurants in City Walk too.

Ignore me - I was referring to the meal deal above. Not done the dining plan. Probably worth it for that price especially if you intend to be on site the whole time.

Thanks. I definitely don't want to eat fast food all day which is why I like the DDP at Disney. I thought the Universal Dining Plan allowed you to eat at actual restaurants?

Thanks. I definitely don't want to eat fast food all day which is why I like the DDP at Disney. I thought the Universal Dining Plan allowed you to eat at actual restaurants?

It does. The meal deal - which had been around for years - doesn't. How long are you at Universal for? There are only really 2-3 decent TS restaurants on the plan (there are many more at The hotels and City Walk but these are not included in the plan). Be sure to dine at Mythos!

Looking at 4 nights I think as a lot of things have been added since we last went (2007). We had 2 nights then and even then we didn't do everything we wanted to do and now we have a 2 year old so everything takes much longer.

Personally, I don't think that the Dining Plan at Universal is very good. A lot of the better (and more popular) restaurants on City Walk are excluded. Most of the included ones are places we wouldn't choose to eat anyway.

Hmmm thanks for that, maybe I shouldn't bother with the dining plan at Universal then, that would maybe leave my Universal booking more open then as I will be able to book accommodation with Expedia etc if I get a good deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter