• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone done the new Fantasmic package?

tmann

Earning My Ears
Curious to hear what anyone thinks about the Fantasmic package, now that the Gallery balcony is no longer available. What did it cost? What did you get for the money? And what did you think of it? THANKS!!!!

We did it back in October... they have a bunch of seats along the water that they put up for Fantasmic seating... it was $59 I think... and you get a box of sweets--mostly cookies, and hot cocoa or soda... I thought it was worth not dealing with the crowds to get a good spot to see!

--Lisa

Being worth it is totally up to the individual. Not fighting the crowds is a big draw for us. Also, feeling a little like a VIP is cool too.

Some people don't like the view with these seats but even when the balcony was available, we preferred the riverside seats. We felt like we were experiencing the show instead of just watching it. We never had an issue with not being able to see, but some folks have reported having a bad view.

However, I'm not sure I'd do it now with the treat box. It used to be a buffet like the balcony and that was awesome. Now that your limited to just what they put in the box, that takes a little of the value away in my opinion.

Being worth it is totally up to the individual. Not fighting the crowds is a big draw for us. Also, feeling a little like a VIP is cool too.

Some people don't like the view with these seats but even when the balcony was available, we preferred the riverside seats. We felt like we were experiencing the show instead of just watching it. We never had an issue with not being able to see, but some folks have reported having a bad view.

However, I'm not sure I'd do it now with the treat box. It used to be a buffet like the balcony and that was awesome. Now that your limited to just what they put in the box, that takes a little of the value away in my opinion.

i think this is getting confused....riverside seating always did a box of treats...the buffet was when you did the gallery seating...i am curious to know this as well...ive done both riverside and gallery seating and wonder if the gallery seating is now somewhere else or if its just riverside only

The Gallery was turned into the IN THE PARK APT, for a million wishs, as in but not, the cinderelle suite at WDW. So there isn't any more gallery seating period.

Now thet set up chairs near the walls of New Orleans Square and rope it off.

The Gallery was turned into the IN THE PARK APT, for a million wishs, as in but not, the cinderelle suite at WDW. So there isn't any more gallery seating period.

Now thet set up chairs near the walls of New Orleans Square and rope it off.

yeah i knew that...just didnt know if they had relocated it or if it was riverside only now

Currently it is only riverside seating, they have not relocated the balcony seating at this time.

i think this is getting confused....riverside seating always did a box of treats...the buffet was when you did the gallery seating...i am curious to know this as well...ive done both riverside and gallery seating and wonder if the gallery seating is now somewhere else or if its just riverside only

That's what I thought too, but we had riverside seating in Sept of 07 and they had the buffet set up..no box. It was the same stuff that you'd find in the box: choc covered strawberries, krispie treats, assorted cookies (love that raspberyy filled one), but we could take as much as we'd like and the hostesses brought us whatever we wanted to drink. Our seats didn't have a great view, so for the show we stood at the back of the area and saw great. I'd do it again just for the two of us, but not a large group.

Nope, not confused. We've done riverside seating about 5 times and every time it was a buffet. Granted, it's been over a year since we did it so I don't know when they switched over to the box.

I do know that the description for the riverside seating has always said a box, but we've always gotten buffet.

That's what I thought too, but we had riverside seating in Sept of 07 and they had the buffet set up..no box. It was the same stuff that you'd find in the box: choc covered strawberries, krispie treats, assorted cookies (love that raspberyy filled one), but we could take as much as we'd like and the hostesses brought us whatever we wanted to drink. Our seats didn't have a great view, so for the show we stood at the back of the area and saw great. I'd do it again just for the two of us, but not a large group.

Nope, not confused. We've done riverside seating about 5 times and every time it was a buffet. Granted, it's been over a year since we did it so I don't know when they switched over to the box.

I do know that the description for the riverside seating has always said a box, but we've always gotten buffet.

Same here. I've sat at Riverside 4 times (with different guests), and each time we had buffet, not the box. It could be different now, and probably is, but we had the buffet when we were there. (The difference was that it didn't include the cheese & crackers like the balcony buffet that we enjoyed)

Riverside last two years, and always the box, not the buffet. However, I would also say that teh box is generous - we have never even got close to finishing one, let alone a family's worth!

riverside seating with buffet, here too. did it in october 2006, june 2005 and june 2003. each time riverside seating and each time buffet (although the description WAS box of treats).

When we did the Riverside Seating in November last year we got the box, not the buffet. We did get three drinks though, the hostess came around several times asking. I got a soda, hot chocolate and bottled water.

Personally I agree, the box contains a generous serving. I hadn't eaten since lunch that day and still couldn't finish it.

We did this Dec. 28 . . . got the box, not the buffet. Then we sat there listening to them saying that Fantasmic would be delayed . . . finally they said it was canceled. The CMs told us we could stay to watch the fireworks, and we did. Then we had to go to Guest Services (and wait in quite a line) to get a refund -- it seemed to me that the credit card could have been automatically refunded, but they said you had to go before leaving the park.

So, we got the box of treats and a nice place to watch the fireworks for free in the end, but we still missed Fantasmic and had to deal with some hassle later on . . .

As this trip may be the only one we make to DL, I think all the comments on this thread have convinced me to book the special seating for Fantasmic. :)

How soon in advance can I book this? :confused:

I've heard some mixed reviews on the view in these seats? Anyone care to say how good of a view they had? We're considering doing this, but I want to make sure for the price were actually able to see F! good!

As this trip may be the only one we make to DL, I think all the comments on this thread have convinced me to book the special seating for Fantasmic. :)

How soon in advance can I book this? :confused:

I've heard some mixed reviews on the view in these seats? Anyone care to say how good of a view they had? We're considering doing this, but I want to make sure for the price were actually able to see F! good!

You can book exactly one month in advance, at 8 AM Pacific time . . . so if you want Dec. 28 you call at 11 AM Eastern time on Nov. 28, as I did.

As for the view, we loved our view -- we were in the front row and could see everything very well -- IF they had put on Fantasmic that evening! It's important to check in early so that you can pick your seats, because I could see that people in the second row might have a hard time seeing past the people in the front row.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter