Anyone done the Halloween and Christmas parties in the same trip?

Everything Eeyore

Mouseketeer
I figured that if I timed it right, I could catch the end of MNSSHP and the beginning of MVMCP in the same trip.

I've been to WDW in early December and loved the Christmas atmosphere and decorations but have never been for Halloween. So really, I'm trying to get my Christmas fix with the added bonus of catching a glimpse of WDW at Halloween ;)

When do the Christmas decorations go up and what are the crowds like at this time of year? Also has anyone ever done both parties in the same trip and if so, would you recommend it?

Thankies :)

Thats excellent. I loved the halloween party. Dressing up was great. I wish I could dress up for the christmas party. ;)

I think someone said they normally go up around thanksgiving time. We were meant to go in November, but had to change it to December. I was told they are normally up for thanksgiving.

We are doing both this trip too, the Christmas decorations go up as soon as the MK closes on Thanksgiving.
We have done both nights before and they are really worth going too.
The crowds at Thanksgiving are crazy, but its worth being there for the atmosphere and extra fireworks for that night.

We are doing both this trip too, the Christmas decorations go up as soon as the MK closes on Thanksgiving.
We have done both nights before and they are really worth going too.
The crowds at Thanksgiving are crazy, but its worth being there for the atmosphere and extra fireworks for that night.

If it's just that night that's busy, I can cope with that! I just hope that the rest of the time is relatively low on crowds :thumbsup2

Things will be busy for that whole weekend (22nd -26th ),but then it will be back to normal.

We did both in our trip last year, we arrived at the end of October and caught MNSSHP on the 30th Oct and then we went to the first MVMCP on the 14th of Nov :)

It was great to be able to do both in one trip, especially MVMCP as we had not been able to do that before, although I do think I still enjoyed MNSSHP slightly more.

The Christmas decorations usually start going up during the first week of November, Disney have a lot to put up so they have to start early I guess ;)

we are going to do this for the first time this year too - MNSSHP on the 31st and MVMCP on the 12th - YIPPEE!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter