Anyone done the F! Dining Pkg at Mama Melrose recently?

modmama

Mouseketeer
As my trip approaches, I'm wondering if we should keep our reservations for the Fantasmic! Dining Package at Mama Melrose. We're on a day when there will be only one Fantasmic! show and I'm hoping it will make waiting for the show a little easier on us. Also, we have no other ADRs our whole trip, but I'm guessing that on our last day we'll be happy to sit and eat a lunch indoors off our feet. ;)

Anyone done it lately? Anything I should know? Recent reviews? I hear such mixed things about Mama Melrose, so I'm wondering if it's improved or gotten worse, and if the package is worthwhile. Any and all feedback appreciated!

As my trip approaches, I'm wondering if we should keep our reservations for the Fantasmic! Dining Package at Mama Melrose. We're on a day when there will be only one Fantasmic! show and I'm hoping it will make waiting for the show a little easier on us. Also, we have no other ADRs our whole trip, but I'm guessing that on our last day we'll be happy to sit and eat a lunch indoors off our feet. ;)

Anyone done it lately? Anything I should know? Recent reviews? I hear such mixed things about Mama Melrose, so I'm wondering if it's improved or gotten worse, and if the package is worthwhile. Any and all feedback appreciated!

The one "downer" I've seen reported on here is you no longer get to choose a dessert off the menu. They bring you a sampler platter of their choosing. Not sure if that is all the time, but several have reported this is what happened for them, so be prepared.

We had dinner there in May with the fantastic package . I highly recommend it to everyone. They do bring you a dessert platter but that means you get to try a few different desserts. Everything was delicious and not having to wait in line for fantastic is awesome.

we were very disappointed with the dessert sampler...first, we were a party of 4 adults and there were only 3 desserts on the sampler. All 3 items were small (each was the size of an individual dessert...so right off we wondered about that...basically they gave us 3 servings for 4 people.)

And then...one dessert was plain yuck, and something that none of us would order. One dessert was good, but certainly not enough for 4 people to get dessert from the one serving. And finally, the 3rd dessert was a gel-like mousse thing with a very odd texture (was like a jello mousse, wobbly), and it is a sugar-free dessert...but the Disney chefs use sugar-alcohols as the sweetener in those things and no one in our family can eat sugar-alcohols (those things give stomach issues to many people.) So we think it was crummy to not give us any choices on the desserts, and to automatically serve 2 of the 3 items we would never order.

We did the Fantasmic package in December and not having to wait in line was GREAT... When we went we were given an appetiser with our meal as well as dessert. The food was ok, but more importantly we didn't have to wait in line. I would definately do it again.

We did the package in end of July. The food at MM was pretty good. I don't think we had a bad meal all week. Plenty of choices on their menu. I agree that the dessert platter wasn't very good, but we had DS4 with us, so got to eat his dessert that he didn't want.
Our Fantasmic ended up getting postponed then cancelled about 20min after it was supposed to start. So we sat around for a long time anyway, but I still would say the package is worth it.

There was a very vague announcement yesterday about adding 1000 seats to the fantasmic viewing area. I wonder if that will change any need to do a fantasmic package at all. I also have Mama Melrose booked, and based on most reviews wonder if I will be able to just cancel it and use those TS credits elsewhere.

We did it last December and the food was good but we had to wait awhile to be seated. According to our waitress they are extra busy on days when they have the Fantasmic packages.

We did MM in June for the F! package. We loved it. The platter with the desserts was heavenly and big enough for us after all of the other food. The meal was fabulous. We hadn't been there in 2 years because of a bad experience and were very happy we gave it another try.

we did the Fantasmic dining package two weeks ago.
the food was filling and good.
because we got an appetizer plus entree, we were really too full for dessert.
our dessert sampler had two desserts for myself and husband to share.
I would do it again. our Fantasmic seats were pretty good. No complaints!

We did it last December and the food was good but we had to wait awhile to be seated. According to our waitress they are extra busy on days when they have the Fantasmic packages.

We booked the Fantasmic! package for lunch but we are also on the Deluxe Dining Plan and using those credits. Does that make a difference in ordering a single dessert versus the sampler?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter