Anyone done the birthday at Plaza Inn?

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done the "new" birthday party thing at the Plaza Inn?? I am planning a birthday trip for my DD and this looks like fun. I would love some first hand experience info on this. Any info. or reviews would be great.

Saw it, but didn't do it! It looked like a lot of fun! They had individual Bday cakes, and crew members with special B-day cake shaped costumes on.

We did it for my son's birthday last September. It was alot of fun and worth the $10 per person IMO (And if you have an AP you get an extra 10% off). You get a drink in a souviner mickey cup that says "My Mickey Birthday Party at Disneyland"(or something like that :p ), a pair of Mickey party hat ears, and an individual cake with different colored frostings and sprinkles (including mickey sprinkles). A man named Pat E. Cake hosts the party and sings songs and they judge who has the best decorated cake. Everyone wins and gets a ribbon shaped Birthday sticker with Mickey on it. Then Mickey and Minnie come out to sing happy birthday and they shoot confetti & streamers at the birthday kids. Then they take pictures and do a conga line dance. The pictures that are available to buy have a super cute border and are worth it for the memory!!

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!!

;) :D ,
Katherine

OH my goodness, this sounds like so much fun! We are going in two weeks for our son's 3rd birthday! WooHoo!

FYI:

I just made reservations for the Plaza Inn Bday party and the only seating time was at 2:00 (Feb 18, 2003)

Sounds great!! :p So much fun!! :Pinkbounc We have to do this in our trip!! :bounce: Thanks for the info. ;)

* Verºoº *

Just be sure that your child is wearing clothes that you don't mind ruining. The icing from the individual cakes really stains. Also, the cakes aren't that good - gave some of us in the party some pretty wicked stomach aches. I'd recommend just going for the fun - not the cake.

We were there for my son's 3rd birthday yesterday. It was a lot of fun. MamaKate described it exactly. My son preferred to eat the sprinkles instead of decorating with them, it was so cute. The picture with Mickey & Minnie turned out great, too. The party was sold out, so be sure to make PS if you plan on going. We had a great time!

Is the $10 for the birthday person? Or for each person in the group? My granddaughter will turn 5 when we will be at DL in May. Do we pay $10 just for her? Or will her little sister, me, her mom and dad also pay $10? What do the nonbirthday people do? DO they have activities that include siblings?

Thanks for any info, CINDY

It is $10 per person, and everyone gets there own cake to decorate and a cup of punch in a Mickey souvenir cup. It was a lot of fun. Have a great time!

It's great for kids (i.e. 10 and under) - but celebrating adult bdays there is NOT recommended. The cakes tend to be stale/dry, and the frosting is "ick". Kids still get a huge kick out of it anyway (Mickey & Minnie might have something to do with that....)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter