Anyone done the Amazing Cozumel Race?

Mastiff

Mouseketeer
Just curious if anyone has done this while they were in Cozumel! Sounds like a lot of fun and something that my entire family would enjoy!

If you did to this excursion:

1. Did you enjoy it
2. Who was in your party (kids, ages, etc)
3. How far away is the race starting point from port?
4. How long did the entire day take (from port, race, back to port)

I am wondering if we would have enough time to do this excursion. Our port time in Cozumel is from 10:15 - 3:45 p.m.

It is not a Disney sponsored excursion so I don't want to miss the boat!!!!

Would love to hear your reviews!

Thanks

I signed up for this for our January 2013 cruise. The email from them states that the race begins at 10:40 and runs about 4 to 4 1/2 hours start to finish.

I am also anxious to hear from others who have done it. It got great reviews online everywhere I looked and I think my kids will love it!

We did it in April 2011 and had a great time! Our group was mom, dad, & 7 year old twin boys - they were they youngest kids participating. I think we ended up being the last place team but we all had fun.

The race starts in the shopping center at the dock and moves several blocks down the main strip and we moved inland. In fact, I joked that we probably saw more of Cozumel than 90% of the passengers in port that day.

The teams of all adults were sprinting from clue to clue. Our kids are runners and kept up pretty well. If you have little kids who can't do WDW without a stroller, it might be too much.

I think the whole thing, including lunch afterwards took about 3.5 hours. Someone in your group should plan on getting wet during the race!

My DH and I did this back in Oct '11 and we really did have a great time. We joined up with two of his co-workers to make our team. If I recall right, they said we ran/walked about 4 miles from the beginning to the end. We actually came in second!! As for the swim portion of the race, only one person was designated to have to do the swim, but our weather conditions were not favorable for someone to swim, so the tour company provided us lunch at no charge. If my kids were a bit older on this trip in Jan, I'd have us do it again.

Thanks for the responses! Wow, this sounds like a great excursion!

We are only in port that day for 5 1/2 hours on our cruise. I am a little nervous since this is NOT a DCL sponsored excursion that we may not have enough time!!!!!

Do you think that would be cutting it too close? I'm so torn!

Such a bummer, I think my kids would have had a blast too!

Glad you all enjoyed it so much. I haven't read a bad review yet!

Thanks again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter