• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone done Splash Mountain while pregnant?

jacobsmommy

DIS Veteran
We are going to DL at the end of next month. I am ten weeks pg right now. My three year old should be tall enough to ride Splash when we go. Anyone ridden it while pregnant?

I would be leary this early in your PG. The drop is the worst but SM at DLR is really bumpy. So much that I didn't even enjoy the ride as much as at WDW, which seems smoother. All that shaking cannot be good for an attaching fetus. I would hate for something to happen.

I would probably not do it - though I don't recall Splash being that bumpy (Not like Indian Jones or BTMRR). I would check with your doctor and see if your doctor is familar with the rides and get his/her opinion.

I do know of somebody who did ride several of the rides like Splash while preg and she did not have a problem. But she was a former CM who was doing some contract work around the opening of DCA - so she had very strong knowledge/experience with the rides she went on.

We are going to DL at the end of next month. I am ten weeks pg right now.

Ummmmmm...why would you want to risk your pregnancy and ignore all the clearly posted signs advising that pregnant women should not ride :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

It seems like a no-brainer to me :confused3

I've ridden it pregnant twice, but it was much later in my pregnancies. I was between 6-7 months. I agree that you are at a more delicate stage in your pregnancy, so I would check with your ob/midwife to see what they say.

Yes, I've done it too - a little later in my pregnancy. Check with your doctor before you do it and if you're having any problems or had any problems previously - then absolutely no! My doc advised that lots of signs were posted for liability reasons rather than actual risk when I told him where we were going (figured I'd be able to do just about nothing but, hey, it was Disneyland and our anniversary, so I could still enjoy other things.) I did not do rollercoasters or anything with too much spinning motion that normally makes me sick anyway. There's also a sign at Soarin' that pregnant women should not ride, but I didn't find any reason that I shouldn't have ridden (although at the time I wasn't familiar with the ride and so didn't do it.)

Ask your doctor - bottom line!

Does anyone know if babies are allowed on Splash Mountain? I've never been on it and am planning on it for our next trip. Is that dip really that steep? :scared1:

Does anyone know if babies are allowed on Splash Mountain? I've never been on it and am planning on it for our next trip. Is that dip really that steep? :scared1:

It's not a dip, it's a major, multi-story drop. As such, there is a height requirement and babies are not allowed.

Babies? No way!

There is a height requirement, anyway. My older ds is .75 of an inch away from being tall enough to ride. He will definitely be tall enough to ride next time we go.

What we did was get a Fastpass, then have one parent go with dd. That first parent gets a baby swap, then the other parent gets to go with dd. In the meantime, the parent waiting with ds would ride Winnie The Pooh as many times as we could. Plus buy candy at the Pooh shop outside the exit. It was fun.

I've never been pregnant, so I have no advice for the OP.

ya nooooooooooooo i wouldnt even think about riding anything that is considered a "big" ride....just fantasyland ones, POTC, HM, thats it!!....

The sign going in last week said that it was a 50 foot drop at the end. There are other drops earlier in the ride, but not as long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter