Anyone done Shades AND Coronado Springs??

kguenther8

Mouseketeer
We are going in September. We have stayed at Shades twice previously and loved it. The only downside was the lack of slides at the pool, but they have fixed that. We have also stayed at Kidani, in a Savannah view room, and we loved it there. However, that is not in the budget this time! Glad I got to do it once, though, and their pool area was SO nice there.

Anyways, I have Shades booked already, and our rate is $113/night including 2 breakfast buffets each day (we would still have to pay $12 total for both kids to eat there each morning). Coronado Springs would be $130/night for a standard room. I know about the perks, like 60 day fastpass, and ADR 180 days +10. We are renting a car, so Magical Express is not a consideration. Just based on resorts and rooms, what would you do?
I know people say Shades lacks theming, but I think it's a nice relaxing place, with gorgeous views and we love the alligators and herons there. However, we haven't really tried anything else. So, I am asking..is it worth switching to try something new? Or stick with what we know we like???
And the Coronado rooms don't look particularly Disney to me, either...just like rooms, and much smaller than at Shades. Do people mean theming around the resort/pool area? We aren't in our rooms a lot, but we do use the pool, bar, and restuarants. We aren't in the parks at night except maybe once or twice.

I am asking for you guys to just help me decide!!!

Having stayed at both Shades and CSR, I would go with SOG for the much bigger room since you have two children with you. The major down side is not having the 60-day FP+ thing.

We really liked SOG and would be staying there for our next trip if we hadn't gotten a great deal renting DVC points.

I agree with the PP. If the other perks of staying at a Disney resort arent that important to you, I'd definitely stick with SOG. IMO the food options at CSR are not good at all. The pool is nice, but I don't think I would ever select a resort based on how nicely themed their pool is.

Last edited:
Yes, parking is $5/day. That was included in my $113/day with breakfast. I think I am keeping my Shades reservation, because we know we will be happy there, but some little part of me just wondered if I was missing out on something! We are finally going at a time of year that isn't super expensive on the moderates (with the military discount, anyways).

Yes, parking is $5/day. That was included in my $113/day with breakfast. I think I am keeping my Shades reservation, because we know we will be happy there, but some little part of me just wondered if I was missing out on something! We are finally going at a time of year that isn't super expensive on the moderates (with the military discount, anyways).

How long will you be at WDW? If it's 6 days or more, perhaps you could do a split stay between SOG and CSR. That way, you'd get the benefits of each place.

How long will you be at WDW? If it's 6 days or more, perhaps you could do a split stay between SOG and CSR. That way, you'd get the benefits of each place.

I thought about this, but packing up again once we asre settled isn't appealing. Plus, we already are moving the last night to stay at universal.

We have stayed at both and much prefer CSR. We love the theme , the digsite pool is amazing, and always get the DDP. overall it's just a much more fun relaxed resort to me then SOG.

We have stayed at both and much prefer CSR. We love the theme , the digsite pool is amazing, and always get the DDP. overall it's just a much more fun relaxed resort to me then SOG.
It's interesting how we can have differing takes on the resorts. We thought SOG had a more relaxing atmosphere than CSR. Depending on when one visits, the restaurants, bar, and public areas at CSR can be very busy with convention attendees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter