• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone done Adventures by Disney in the US?

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
So, DH & I are trying to plan our trip for 2010. Originally we planned WDW again, but we started looking into Adventures by Disney. I just sent for the brochure today. Online, there was a NY/Boston trip that looked interesting (we live in chicago) but I heard it got cancelled this year. One we were thinking of is the Disneyland/Hollywood trip. Our DDs will be 8 and 6 when we go. Anyone been on any of the trips in the US and have any recommendations? Thanks!

My DH and I have done two ABDs. Our first was Southwest Splendors in 2007 and we did Backstage Magic in 2008. I love the ABD product and can't wait til our next adventure.

I've done Southwest Splendors, and it was one of the best vacations I've ever taken. Spectacular scenery, great activities, Disney service -- which includes 2 fabulous ABD guides for each trip. Lots of special touches. I'm signed up to do the Alaska trip in September.

See my trip report (in my signature) for details & pictures!

Sayhello

I did Disneyland/Hollywood this past June, and it was wonderful! The quality is top notch... Could not have asked for a better trip!

Chris

We did the Backstage Magic trip..if you are a Disney fan at all you will love it. Great access. We only had one child on the tour and he was 12 and a great kid. You'd have to gauge if your kids were old enough for this one. There are some times where I can see that a younger child might get restless on this trip. Not many, but a few.

We did Southwest Splendors last year with DD 11 and DD8 and had a fantastic time! You should read both Sayhello's and Kristilew's trip reports. Both are spot on and highlight different aspects of the trip. We are planning to take the Quest for the West trip this August and are really looking forward to it. Will report on that when we get back.

The thing to keep in mind with most of the U.S. trips is that they mainly visit national parks, which may be a little more rustic and have less luxurious accomodations than those that may be available on overseas trips.

Good luck and hope you enjoy whatever ABD trip you choose!

Turtlemom

Did this adventure last month and it was great.The Disney guides and local guides were great.I love anything Disney, people tell me that this is to pricey then they go on to say the service was not up to par on their vacations.Not so with ABD every thing was top shelf.We are planning the Alaska trip in July 2010 and I can hardly wait.One thing you might want to do is plan your free time do a little research on the local sights and just do it.We had some good times with local guides giving us some ideas,and we just ran with it.The people we traveled with were great and the children were well behaved.I can't say enough good about ABD well worth the money and time they spend with you and the cool little surprizes you get in your rooms.I think your kids would get a kick out eating dinner with Mr.Thomas Jefferson and the likes,they will have fun learning about American history but don't tell them that.Hope this helped

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter