Anyone done a vow renewal?

PrincessTigerLily

DIS Veteran
Would have loved to have had a Disney Wedding, but thought I might make up for it with a vow renewal. To anyone who has done this, I would love to hear if you thought it was worth the $, but more importantly whether you enjoyed it and any other thoughts and advice you have.
Thank you!

We've got one planned for Dec so can't help you right now, but I'm sooo looking forward to it!

We just got married June 2006 and I am ready to plan the vow renewal. dee slack make sure you tell you keep us posted. Remember we like details. Happy planning:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I just got married a few weeks ago and the Disney Wedding was so great that I am chomping at the bit to be able to plan a vow renewal in 5 years. We have already decided to do one, but we are not sure what kind we want yet....:yay:

We did one on our 5th anniversary since we didn't have a big formal wedding the first time. We just treated it like a second wedding, since we hadn't been married that long anyway. It was wonderful! :cloud9:

It was actually DH's idea, too. The first trip we took to WDW together after we were married, when we passed the wedding pavilion on the monorail, he asked what it was. When he found out they held weddings, he was hooked!

...a vow renewal... To anyone who has done this, I would love to hear if you...enjoyed it...
PrincessTigerLily, my husband & I had a custom vow renewal for our 20th wedding anniversary. It was probably the most wonderful and fun night of our lives.

Our vow renewal ceremony was held in the evening inside the Wedding Pavilion, and our dinner party was held after-hours inside the Disney-MGM Studios Theme Park. I wrote about the planning of the vow renewal in a trip report here on the Dis: click here. To view some of my photos, click here.

If you decide to have a Fairy Tale Weddings vow renewal, I hope it's as wonderful as mine was.

Janet2k - would you mind me asking if you walked down the aisle with your husband? Do you think it would be OK if we walked together, as we don't have kids and my dad would hate all the attention (again!).

Janet2k - would you mind me asking if you walked down the aisle with your husband? Do you think it would be OK if we walked together, as we don't have kids and my dad would hate all the attention (again!).

I also am curious. DH and I do have teens and a toddler, but I have 2 sons that are teens and one teen daughter. Not sure how to walk down the isle if this becomes a reality for us. Any opinions?

Dee slack, it's your event and you should do what you think is right. I think walking down the aisle with your husband sounds lovely.

When I first married my husband Rick many moons ago, I walked down the aisle by myself (click here) because Rick and I had eloped due to logistics (we were living on the West Coast while our families were located elsewhere). When it came time for our 20th wedding anniversary, I decided that I would walk down the aisle unattended again: click here. That made the most sense since no one was giving me away in the traditional sense (I was already a married woman).

That was me. And that was then. When Rick and I renew our vows again in the future, I think we'll probably walk down the aisle hand-in-hand. Heck, maybe we'll skip down that aisle together. ;)

I also am curious. DH and I do have teens and a toddler, but I have 2 sons that are teens and one teen daughter. Not sure how to walk down the isle if this becomes a reality for us. Any opinions?

Deesknee, I wanted my vow renewal ceremony to be as simple as could be. Heck, I wasn't even going to have any wedding party attendants until my sister brought the whole subject up during the planning stage. Due to her prodding, I wound up having my daughter as the Maid of Honor and my son as the Best Man, while my niece and nephew were a Bridesmaid and a Groomsman. It worked out perfectly: click here.

When I met with my Officiant a few days prior to my vow renewal, she asked me if I wanted my children incorporated into the ceremony. If I did, she had a poem for them to read. I told her that sounded like a lovely idea, so during the rehearsal she asked my children if they would like to read a poem during the ceremony. Both of them said yes. She showed them the poem and told them they would take turns reading its lines. And that is exactly what my children did the next night: click here. It worked out beautifully.

Do a search through the ‘net to discover ways to incorporate your children into your ceremony. I’m sure you’ll find something perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter