Anyone done a priceline name your own price car rental?

Yes, and I would do it again in a heartbeat! I had to rent a car last minute for my grandma's funeral (out of town, 2 hours away from the closest airport), and the going rate was like $100 a day (with taxes, fees, etc), and I needed the car for 3 days so $300 total . I bid $15 a day, and with fees, etc., it cost $110 total for the 3 days, so I saved about 60%. My car was a full size with Hertz, and no issues whatsoever.

We just did this in February. I put it in $20 for an economy (or whatever the regular one is) vehicle daily rate and received it through Alamo.

Painless and easy.

Typically the companies will place a hold on your available credit on your CC, but that's it. My Hertz reservation placed a $200 hold and it was reversed the day I dropped it off. If you pay with a Debit card, then I believe they hold up to $500. Hope this helps!

Typically the companies will place a hold on your available credit on your CC, but that's it. My Hertz reservation placed a $200 hold and it was reversed the day I dropped it off. If you pay with a Debit card, then I believe they hold up to $500. Hope this helps!

Thank you!

We have done this and had really good luck. We did I think $15 for a full-size car for 5 days and got it. As long as you aren't picky about what brand you use, I highly recommend it.

We will be doing this again for our October and December vacations!

We have used Priceline name your own price for a few Disney Orlando trips we didn't drive to. Very happy with the experience. Great prices, only issue being no refunds if you have to cancel.
Donna

There is rely no downside to naming price on rental cars. They give you total with fees upfront. The cars come from the regular agencies. Find the best price booking conventionally, then just make sure your total is less before bidding.

Yes, just did this in Jacksonville. Did the research and figured the best price using coupon codes, etc.. Happened to be Avis was front runner for lowest cost. Then bit the bullet and tried priceline .. Got the exact same AVIS rental a full $50 less than I could have on my own. THEN when picking up the car, instead of a compact, we were given a small SUV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter