Anyone doing the DisneyLand half?

sniff sniff....I want to go to DL too!!! We were just there in November and we loved it!! You guys are going to have sooo much fun :thumbsup2 . BTW...just thought I'd tell you that we really liked the Candy Cane Inn...it's a nice, clean, friendly hotel located VERY near DL parks!

The worst part of me not going is that I'm looking to run a half in the early fall as training for the WDW Full. The timing is PERFECT for me!!! But there's no way I'm going to get out there....unless....naaah....unless.....never gonna' happen. UGH. :(

Well, I'll be with you all in spirit! You're going to LOVE DL. Do NOT miss the ALaddin show...it's hilarious! :teeth:

Do you have info on how to reserve that? I tried for it a few years ago, but it was already sold out. I'd love to try to do that again this trip!

You can call Disney Dining 30 days out and book @ 714-781-4400. It is good for up to 30 people. I don't remember the preice but I seem to think about $40-$50 per person.

MickeySP said:
You can call Disney Dining 30 days out and book @ 714-781-4400. It is good for up to 30 people. I don't remember the preice but I seem to think about $40-$50 per person.

Thank you!

OK - I am not doing the 1/2 but I am registering for the 5K!!

I knew they did a marathon at WDW but must do the first race at DL!! It's my birthday weekend and I was planning a trip anyhow!! So now I know DH will let me go - I have another reason!!

Now to start training....couch to 5K...that's me! :rotfl:

I am so excited. Also have to find a hotel room - the DL resorts all look booked. :worried:

Any suggestions? Great Travel Agent?

alot of the people on the DL board recommend getawaytoday and they still show rooms available onsite if that's what your interested in.

Way to go Tinkryansmom! We have 2 in our travel group looking at doing the 5K too :) They are both starting fresh from the coach :) They both have to sign up yet but I know the 1 has been hitting the gym with my running partner during the day to use the treadmills. The other really is up in the air to see how much training she does do. Because of these two I sent an email to Disney Sports and found out the pace is 15 minute miles.

Best of luck to you in your training! :goodvibes It looks like it's going to be a great 5K and what better way to celebrate a birthday? :wizard:

THANKS!!

:disrocks: I so love the DIS!! :thumbsup2

I will check back as it gets closer. Convinced my mom to join DH and I. She will walk the 5K. Also trying to convince people from 10/29/05 Cruise Thread to join me.

Should be GREAT fun. After all...gotta do the inaugural right!?

I will check the travel agent referral. Thanks.

Does anyone know - I assume my Stepdad and DD can be there to watch? Does the park allow admission for cheerers on? DD cannot do 5K she is only 6 but she does want to do the kids race for her age group??

:thanks:

tinkryansmom said:
Does anyone know - I assume my Stepdad and DD can be there to watch? Does the park allow admission for cheerers on? DD cannot do 5K she is only 6 but she does want to do the kids race for her age group??

Tinkryansmom, I see you once worked at DL, so you know there's no way a 1/2 marathon can be held inside the park! :) Here's a map of the course: http://adisneyworldsports.disney.go.com/media/dwws_v0220/en_US/pdf/DLRHalfMarathonMap.pdf (Must have Adobe Reader)
It will take us out on the city streets, so your DSD and DD will have no problem finding someplace to cheer you on without going into the park, if that's what you want. The race starts at 6 a.m. and is scheduled to be over by 9:30 a.m. The park opens at 10 a.m. OK, experienced WDW marathoners...do they let spectators in to cheer? :confused3
Looking forward to meeting you at the race! :thumbsup2 Anne

tinkryansmom - it is also my Birthday weekend.

What better way to celebrate than run a marathon on your birthday - because you can!!

Maherae said:
OK, experienced WDW marathoners...do they let spectators in to cheer? :confused3 Anne

I am an experienced spectator! They do let people view on Main St. at MK in WDW. I was hoping they'd do the same in DL/DCA.

I am in for the half. Registered way back when it opened. Staying at Holiday Inn Express Maingate.

Hoping to bring a cheering squad with me!

I am walking and running - hoping to improve on my time from the 2006 WDW half with the Wish Walkers

I mailed DH's registration today! :cheer2:

We have our hotel booked. Now we need Southwest to open up their schedule into Sept. and I need to look into car rentals. If a car is too expensive, we'll just shuttle.

Kristi

OK - I am off the bench. I registerred! I was waffling and I just needed a little push - thanks Tiffany. I just need hotel and flight stuff now, ahh the details.

TXBelle said:
Come on Kim! You have to join us! :cheer2: We missed you at WDW this year.

I signed up the first day registration opened. I am staying at the Hyatt, but I plan to hang out at the pool at the Candy Cane Inn with my WISH friends. I am leaving DH and DDs at home. I cannot wait to get that castle medal!

TXBelle,

Boy did I missed you guys too!! Guess what... I'm running the Minnie, the DL 1/2 and the WDW 1/2. I'm so pumped right now! One of my goal for this year was to run two marathons. Well I"m going to do it and what better places to achieve my goal than WDW and DL :) :cheer2:

Need some more spectator suggestions:
We are taking grandma to watch our little one while DH and I both run.

She won't drive the car but we would like for her to be able to view us at some point along the course.

Ideas on how to accomplish this?

Maybe purchase the spectator package (which is expensive for her and our 3 yo) or a suite hotel that is very near the course?

Other ideas welcomed!! This will be DH first half and my second... and my birthday too :)

Thanks,
Dawn

I am registered for the DL Half and I got my plane tickets.

(by the way is the same thread as the "2008 Disneyland Half - Who's going? I am subscribed to that thread but not this one.):confused3

I will be staying with my Aunt who lives about 20 mins away. I may be getting a room for Saturday night so I can just get up and go.

Need some more spectator suggestions:

They could take folding chairs to Downtown Disney and set them up. It gets crowded through that corridor, so they would have to arrive early. They can find shade there and take some snacks while they wait. Just scope out a place beforehand (the night before) so that you can find them. There are so many runners coming through, they may have a hard time seeing you first, so you can find them easier if you know where to expect to see them. This worked for us last year as I was running. Lots of excitement there - it's near the end of the race!

I am registered for the DL Half and I got my plane tickets.

(by the way is the same thread as the "2008 Disneyland Half - Who's going? I am subscribed to that thread but not this one.):confused3
I will be staying with my Aunt who lives about 20 mins away. I may be getting a room for Saturday night so I can just get up and go.

:laughing: I was just as confused at first then I saw that this is the 2006 thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter