anyone doing Disney channel summr at sea?

We are on the July 30th Wonder. We are very excited to see our Dsney stars.

Me :cloud9: DH :wizard: DS pirate: DD:cutie:

July 23rd - July 30th Poly and 3 night Disney Wonder on July 30th
July 07' - Poly
October 05' Wilderness Lodge

we have a thread for the July 30th Wonder on the cruise meets thread-come and join us

Anyone hear any more about how much we will actually see the "stars" they took away 2 my son wanted to see from our cruise--oh well, even if we don't know them, the cruise will still be fun

okay- those who saw Corbin tell us all about what they offered on the cruise!!

Thanks-we are going in a few weeks and can't wait to hear the details

We're sailing on Thursday----any reports before we leave?!?! I would love more information on how they worked the concert, if they changed any of the shows, etc....!!!

We are back from the first Summer at Sea Cruise, so here is some info for you! I am sure the other moms will add more details and interesting info but this can get you started:

It was great, the kids enjoyed it alot!

On the 3 night, the sail away party introduced the stars to everyone.

We had concert with Corbin Bleu on Nassau day at 4pm. It was on deck 9. Some kids from the audience were taken up to the stage but not sure how they were chosen. The DIS kids were all up front but none of them were onstage. The kids appeared to be lined up at the side of the stage, like "pre" picked or something.

Question and answer info session and autographs were in the Walt Disney Theater on Castaway morning. Q&A at 9 and Autographs at 9:45 done by numbers given out as you enter the theater. They sign one autograph item each (you can get them all to sign for you, but you can't get multiple autographs from anyone person). They basically sit in a row at a table and you walk down the line. Done fairly quickly and not much time to get a great photo as you are across the table from them. I video taped it and the tape is only 1.5 minutes long and that was six kids getting autographs from five people. If you don't get it done quick, you will lose castaway time. We were in the first group and got straight to Castaway after and it was like 10:45 when we got to the tram. They have their own pens for signing so no worries there.

We had ALOT of "star" interaction and got many great photos. They were out and about doing alot of filming on the ship and on Castaway.

Tiffany Thornton was an absolute sweetheart and beautiful and kids had great conversations and photo ops. Doug Brochu and Brandon Smith, also from Sonny with a Chance (sat by us for lunch at Castaway) and had great photos and interactions. We got pics with Corbin and he was nice but his handlers/managers keep him busy and less accessible. Our favorite and super sweet was Roshon Fegan from Camp Rock. We absolutely adore him, spent a good deal of time talking to his parents at lunch and then hosted Roshon, his friend Chris, and his parents in our suite for party and Palo in room dinner that night (we were lucky to be in the Walt suite). Brandon came by for about fifteen minutes and we got lots of photo and videos. Our new Dis board friends came too and so glad one of them is like a photo genius with an awesome camera.

I wish I could post pictures but I don't know how :( I do have facebook so if anyone else has it, they can pm me for my name to see some pics I got posted already.

We met some incredible DIS board peeps on our cruise and I hope to stay in touch with them, I had a great time with the other moms. My girls made friends with some incredible kiddos and I am thankful!

My two youngest dds got to do a film clip for Disney Channel and then all my kids and some other dis kids got to do a Disney "365" which we hope will be on soon!

Oh and to top it all off I won a Kodak video camera at the Kodak presentation. This 15 minute thing is just photo tips and they hand out a picture with the Summer at Sea Stars on it which can be used for autographs if you want. It was held twice, once shortly after guests boarded (maybe 2:30) and again the morning of the autograph session (like 8:30 a.m.).

This was a back to back for us (we did the four night prior to this Summer at Sea) so I hope to do a trip report at some point.

We would like to go again this summer but who knows....

thank you for posting--how great you got to interact with them-that is what my son is hoping for!!

how long was the concert? when do they close up the pool?

so the question and answer and autographs is just one event? Sounded like 2 on the website!

It was two separate events, but held back to back and both in the Walt Disney theater so it may as well have been one.

For the first part, cast members walked around getting kids to ask questions to the stars while they sat in overstuffed chairs on the stage (Corbin Bleu did not participate in this part). My daughter got to ask a question. The questions were pre printed on cards, the kids didn't get to make up their own. They also showed clips of upcoming shows and events going on with Disney Channel. Lasted from 9-9:30 ish. Then, the stage was set with five chairs and long table and people were lined up for autographs 20 at a time by numbers you got when you entered the Walt Disney Theater for the Q&A session. Pretty organized and quick.

The pool closed at 3pm for the 4pm concert. The event began at 4 but was mainly talking and video clips of different stars and seeing the stars again. Corbin started singing around 4:30 and it was done by 5!

We were lucky to get so much interaction. Some people we talked with didn't get any so I am not sure if there will be more or less opportunities on future cruises. They did keep them busy with promos and taping and stuff. They were around the adult pool area quite a bit (Most are over 18) and they did get spa treatments too. But we seemed to run into them everywhere :goodvibes Was ALOT of fun!

This 15 minute thing is just photo tips and they hand out a picture with the Summer at Sea Stars on it which can be used for autographs if you want.

Is this the only time to get the photos for autograhs? Can you get them somewhere else onboard?

We are a couple with no kids, but our 2 nieces have guilted us into trying to get autographs. Can you just go to the autograph session and not the Q&A session?

Is this the only time to get the photos for autograhs? Can you get them somewhere else onboard?

We are a couple with no kids, but our 2 nieces have guilted us into trying to get autographs. Can you just go to the autograph session and not the Q&A session?

The picture thing is only available at the Kodak photo tip event which is like twenty minutes long and held twice during the week, once on embarkation day and that morning of Castaway. It is one 8x11 photo type thing with all their pix on it. I tried to get the picture without going and no luck, not even concierge could get it for me, but it worked out ok since I won the camcorder at the Kodak event. It really is an easy deal. Just showcasing the new products, etc.

You don't have to go to the Q&A, but they started giving numbers out before the Q&A even started and so you will probably end up with a big number and possibly a long wait for the autographs.

I am not sure if everyone even got a number or how long it took since we were out of there pretty quick.

You could go pick up the number and come back when the Q&A is done though.

We also got those little stock photos that celebs sign when we got up in line for the autographs. Not sure why, but not everyone got these? They were like maybe 4x6 matte print face shots of the celebs and those were great for autographs but not sure who gets them and who doesn't!

Could seriously cut into your Castaway time if you aren't in and out of there quick.

Hi, all! My DD Gina and I were also on the July 9th Summer at Sea cruise. I saw fans bringing up CD and DVD inserts, t-shirts, hats, posters, and books to get signed in addition to the Kodak sheets given away at the Smile Guide sessions. The small matte photos were given out to the first few groups of 20 that went up to get autographs, but then the staff realized that they didn't have enough for everyone and stopped handing them out, so definitely make sure that you get those Kodak sheets or bring something of your own to have signed.

Before our trip, I wasn't sure if there were going to be any photos of the stars available onboard or at the signing, so I just went online and searched on Google for each star's name and the word "pictures." I was able to find nice photos of all the stars and then right-clicked on the photo, chose "save as", and then printed them off on my color printer as 5 x 8's. Just make sure you get an image with a high resolution or large file size or when you enlarge it, it will be all pixel-ly. I even found a cast photo for Sonny with a Chance that all 3 stars signed. For Corbin, I printed out a "recent" photo with his mature look (and short curls) and brough a HSM poster with the "Chad" look.

While the signing didn't start until 9:45 AM (the Q&A ended at 9:30), we were able to get #'s 2, 3, 4, and 5 by heading to the Walt Disney Theater at 7:30 AM (thanks to my crazy friend Amanda who was already up getting ready for the Castaway Cay 5K). So, if you want to get out of there early and head onto Castaway Cay before the day fades away, get there early!

Jeanne, it's so good to hear from you again ... You, Eric, your girls, and Nick were all a joy to spend time with. You helped us create such wonderful memories and we really appreciated your generosity in sharing your "family time" with us. I'm so glad you won that digital camera - You deserved it! Maybe we'll be blessed enough to cruise with you again someday.

Two cruises in two months - How will I ever be able to wait until December?!
Rose :)

Jeanne, it's so good to hear from you again ... You, Eric, your girls, and Nick were all a joy to spend time with. You helped us create such wonderful memories and we really appreciated your generosity in sharing your "family time" with us. I'm so glad you won that digital camera - You deserved it! Maybe we'll be blessed enough to cruise with you again someday.

Two cruises in two months - How will I ever be able to wait until December?!
Rose :)

Awww we miss you guys. Do you have a facebook? Can you add me to yours so we can stay in touch?

I hope to cruise with you guys again, Gina is a sweet, cute girl and Chloe would love to torment her, lol.

I forgot about the cds and they were selling Corbin's right outside of the theater too.

We had a great time and two months will fly by!

OK I have to chime in here - I am the crazy friend Amanda who was up way too early each morning!

I went to to the walt theater to check to see if my daughter could save me a seat when they told me about the numbers and gave me 2,3,4 and 5. I called glrzmom and they sent one down and got numbers for their whole party. After that they stopped giving out for the whole party and started giving out one per person - but I imagine if you bring a snickers bar or two, get there real early and smiled, they may give you enough for your family - or just drag them out of bed in their PJ's.

Bring something you want signed because after our first group of 20 they stopped handing out the photo cards - one of the handlers got upset they were handing them out and I heard him say "We don't have enough, they should have brought their own for they can forget it" Nice! Just make sure you have your own.

Jeanne and Rose, I am glad you both made it home safely, I can't wait until our next one - I do see some cheap rates in September.....

what time do they start handing out the numbers?

I am sooo jealous of those living close who do not have to factor air and hotel into the cost and can get the Florida resident discount. Maybe it is for the best-I'd be cruising every weekend and more in debt than I already am. I justify it saying once my kids grow up I'll have no life and never vacation and now Blake is already there-told me no family vacation at Easter for him-he is going on spring break with his girlfriend and friends--sob!

We had ALOT of "star" interaction and got many great photos. They were out and about doing alot of filming on the ship and on Castaway.

Tiffany Thornton was an absolute sweetheart and beautiful and kids had great conversations and photo ops. Doug Brochu and Brandon Smith, also from Sonny with a Chance (sat by us for lunch at Castaway) and had great photos and interactions. We got pics with Corbin and he was nice but his handlers/managers keep him busy and less accessible. Our favorite and super sweet was Roshon Fegan from Camp Rock. We absolutely adore him, spent a good deal of time talking to his parents at lunch and then hosted Roshon, his friend Chris, and his parents in our suite for party and Palo in room dinner that night (we were lucky to be in the Walt suite). Brandon came by for about fifteen minutes and we got lots of photo and videos. Our new Dis board friends came too and so glad one of them is like a photo genius with an awesome camera.

ok, no flames here, but this :firefight cannot possibly be a "typical" Summer at Sea experience and I hate to see anyone getting their hopes up for such interaction with the little stars given this report.

This is one thing that truly bugs me about DCL -- there always seem to be a few "chosen ones" -- the families that get the secret tours, the kids that get to go in the bridge, the kids "pulled onstage" to be the dwarves with Snow White. These kids, repeatedly, get preferential treatment with goodie packages sent to their rooms, full room service meals, you name it. People post about it here - being Family of the Cruise or getting a "Magical Moment" certificate and (I won't speak for everyone else but me) I feel like, "whoa, I had a nice cruise but how the heck was theirs SO GREAT?" Mine now feels very so-so. My kid didn't dance onstage, and we didn't have anything sent to our stateroom, and certainly no star came to my stateroom for dinner.... It's like the Cat 12 guarantee game when everyone gets crazy because the first time cruisers get upgraded to Cat 9's and multiple repeats stay in 12s. Some may call this "magic" or "pixie dust" but such inequities really make me not want to cruise DCL ever again :mad:

ok, no flames here, but this :firefight cannot possibly be a "typical" Summer at Sea experience and I hate to see anyone getting their hopes up for such interaction with the little stars given this report.

This is one thing that truly bugs me about DCL -- there always seem to be a few "chosen ones" -- the families that get the secret tours, the kids that get to go in the bridge, the kids "pulled onstage" to be the dwarves with Snow White. These kids, repeatedly, get preferential treatment with goodie packages sent to their rooms, full room service meals, you name it. People post about it here - being Family of the Cruise or getting a "Magical Moment" certificate and (I won't speak for everyone else but me) I feel like, "whoa, I had a nice cruise but how the heck was theirs SO GREAT?" Mine now feels very so-so. My kid didn't dance onstage, and we didn't have anything sent to our stateroom, and certainly no star came to my stateroom for dinner.... It's like the Cat 12 guarantee game when everyone gets crazy because the first time cruisers get upgraded to Cat 9's and multiple repeats stay in 12s. Some may call this "magic" or "pixie dust" but such inequities really make me not want to cruise DCL ever again :mad:

I see where you're coming from, but I think this happens everywhere! I've been on a Princess cruise with my mom and two headwaiters took "extra" good care of us! I've been on RCCL and had some extra "magic". And it's not just in the cruising industry. I've seen my aunt get upgraded to business class on a flight from England, and other people get upgrades in hotels etc. So, while I see where you are coming from, I think you might experience the same thing elsewhere. I'm sorry that was your experience though.

Just an FYI, but anyone who pays to stay in a suite can get room service meals, and category 1 suites get to order from Palo in room, it is not a "chosen one" thing, it is a service that those who pay for get, that can hardly be called an "inequity" when it's a service being paid for.

DCL doesn't decide who comes to whose room for dinner or not, that is something people decide among themselves. I hardly think DCL had anything to do with who we chose to spend our time with whether its fellow DIS board members of Disney Channel Stars.

The same type of stuff goes on in the parks with magical moments certificates and pixie dust and is not exclusive to DCL, nor is it exclusive to Disney.

Other DIS people on my cruise, who were not in suites, but in regular rooms had quite a bit of talk time and interaction with the stars, it had nothing to do with room category or DCL or being "chosen ones", and that whole "chosen one" is in my opinion not at accurate.

My own cruise satisfaction is not based on others experiences or expectations. After 16 cruises, my kids haven't been "pulled onstage" or been dwarves or gotten bridge tours, but I am happy for those who do get that experience. Not having those experiences certainly doesn't make me feel less good about any of my own cruises, whether they were filled with extra magical moments or not.

I personally would hope that everyone's own experience would be unique and memorable. While there is an expectation, and certainly there are standards for DCL to meet with providing service, no two cruisers can have an identical experience.

Hey there neighbor,

So glad to hear you all had such a great time...Judy left EARLY this a.m. for her mission trip to Mazatlan. She wanted to call Emily but ran out of time. She'll be back on the 24th.

Hope to see you all soon...can't believe school is so close.

I agree with your last post...everyone's vacation is what they make it....and as the old saying goes..."you get what you pay for"!

Hey there neighbor,

So glad to hear you all had such a great time...Judy left EARLY this a.m. for her mission trip to Mazatlan. She wanted to call Emily but ran out of time. She'll be back on the 24th.

Hope to see you all soon...can't believe school is so close.

I agree with your last post...everyone's vacation is what they make it....and as the old saying goes..."you get what you pay for"!

Wow, hope Judy has an awesome time in Mazatlan :)

I sending you a PM!

OK I have to chime in here - I am the crazy friend Amanda who was up way too early each morning!

I went to to the walt theater to check to see if my daughter could save me a seat when they told me about the numbers and gave me 2,3,4 and 5. I called glrzmom and they sent one down and got numbers for their whole party. After that they stopped giving out for the whole party and started giving out one per person - but I imagine if you bring a snickers bar or two, get there real early and smiled, they may give you enough for your family - or just drag them out of bed in their PJ's.

Bring something you want signed because after our first group of 20 they stopped handing out the photo cards - one of the handlers got upset they were handing them out and I heard him say "We don't have enough, they should have brought their own for they can forget it" Nice! Just make sure you have your own.

Jeanne and Rose, I am glad you both made it home safely, I can't wait until our next one - I do see some cheap rates in September.....

Amanda, you are the 5K Queen!

Your phone calls during the cruise were more than helpful and you know I appreciate it!

I am guessing it was Corbin's handler who complained about the photo cards, lol?

Wishing all of you who are going on these cruises a wonderful time and many magical moments

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter