Anyone do the "Summer Block Party" at PI?

Ursula's Mom

Mouseketeer
Hi all - we are heading "home" to OKW on July 30 for one week and saw that DVC had a "summer block party" for members at PI with free admission (I'd love to save $22 admission).

I have not been to PI since 1992 - before children. This "summer block party" seems to be family friendly. So my questions are: (a) has anyone attended? (b) was it fun? and (c) if you brought kids, what did you do with them at PI after the block party ended (did you try comedy club with kids?)

I don't know if we should plan to stay with kids past 7 p.m. or have another game plan?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Kathy

We went last year and brought our 9 & 12 year old nephews. It was fun, there was a small variety of carnival type games (no charge) with prizes and we received 2 vouchers for a free popcorn or ice cream. There was also some trivia going on with a chance to win some pretty good prizes (sorry I can't remember what the prizes were) and various other entertainment. We stopped in at the Adventurer's Club after the block party but we didn't stay, it just wasn't our thing. We walked around and browsed a few stores before heading to DTD to go to Planet Hollywood.

I would say that if you like comedy clubs then check it out, if you don't like it you could always just go do something else. The block party IMHO was definantly worth it. :thumbsup2

We did it last summer with the kids. They had a good time so i say do it. :thumbsup2

hey, we're heading to OKW the same day! we did the summer block party last year and our gang (ages 21, 11) give it a :thumbsup2 . There was basketball shooting for free with little stuffed animal prizes, everyone gets a door prize (nice blinking dvc magnetic pins), all the arcade games in the gameroom were turned "on" (no coins needed), dancing and music and trivia with deevee cee in the club at the bottom of the road, can't remember the name. there was also free cotton candy, free ice cream, lemonade, raffles for dvc gift baskets, stilt walkers. i was surprised at the small area they held this in, not a whole lot of room for the people to walk around outside. we stayed at PI afterwards to go to the comedy club and we all had a great time. we are definitely going to this one this year too! :cool1:

I am leaving on Sunday for our first trip ever as DVC members. My mother will be with us. Can she come, or will they not let her? What night and times are the party?

Thanks!

laurenk said:
I am leaving on Sunday for our first trip ever as DVC members. My mother will be with us. Can she come, or will they not let her? What night and times are the party?

Thanks!

All people staying in your room (that have a card key that says member) are allowed to attend. You have to show your card key or dvc member card to get into the party.
parties are held on thursdays 5-7. I know they're in august, not sure about september.

We had fun at one last year. We met Disgirl, Patty and her family :goodvibes We went back to PI at night for the Comedy Club.

Bobbi

We are also going on 7/30 :cool1: for a week so we will be attending as well! Hope to see you there!!!

I would love to go (have to wait til August though). I was also wondering about Welcome Home Wednesdays over at the BW. Has anyone been over there yet this summer?

Yes, dh and I just got back today from SSR--became DVC members on Monday July 17... we went to the Welcome Home party and the Block Party... it was fun! At the Block Party: You can also get a 5 minute free massage. There was games, free lighted DVC pin, each person got a coupon book for 2 free snacks or ice cream, free admission to PI, plus you also got free lemonade, fruit punch and water, free face painting, free tatoos, questions to win free Mickey luggage tag, 2 people won a basket with DVC merchandise in it ....not us. Welcome Home party : 4 people got to answer questions like jeopardy, and when they didn't answer someone in the audience could and won a DVC keychain, the 4 people got DVC clock, there was a winner of an umbrella, everyone got a DVC member hat. Fun, Fun, Fun!!
party:

I appreciate all of the responses! It sounds like alot of fun so I think we will go. I hope to see Donna and JerJan there!

Thanks to all! Kathy

I'll be the one with the two redheads (21 and 11) playing the basketball game! We can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter