• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone do the concierge-only safari at AKL?

jdads2

Squirrelly as all heck
I saw this on the website. Sounds wonderful...even if it means getting up at 5:30 am (ugh!).

I know my kids and mother(she is joing us) would love it.

What concierge rooms should I request for the best views?

Thanks,

It is wonderful! We did it last summer and are going again this summer. The breakfast that you get at Tusker House after the safari is nothing short of amazing. The guides eat with you. Last year one of them sat with us, and gave us really great info. I would highly recommend taking the safari. Have Fun!

You may not have to get up quite that early. Now that Animal Kingdom opens at 9:00 am instead of 8:00, the Safari begins at 7:45 am. We did the sunrise safari in December 2001 and I believe that we had to be in the concierge lounge at 7:30 am. It is well worth the money and was the highlight of our December trip. Don't eat too much in the morning prior to the safari. You will not believe the the quanity of food which is served for the breakfast.
-----------------
Next Trip: May 2002, Beach Club

Thanks so much!! Another reason for me...I mean the kids, to be overly excited about our trip!

How do you arrange for the safari?

We loved it too! :)

You book it through the concierge at AKL. I don't have the number handy, but if I were you, I would call and reserve it right away, there are limited seats available, and the word is getting out about it!

And I would recommend not eating the night before the breakfast either! ;)

I called yesterday for May 4th. I can sign up 60 days out so the planner put my name on the wait list. Call AKL and ask for the concierge planner,they will ask your last name then transfer you. ask the planner for the direct number. Sorry i don't have those numbers here in front of me. She said they are not sure yet if the safari will be 6:30 or 7:30. Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter