• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone do Mystery shopper/secret shopper?

jimmytammy

<font color=purple>Swivel, it's a hard habit to br
I have overheard at a restaurant recently of an owner getting a good rating and was very excited about it. I think it was secretshopper. So I did a little checking to see what the fuss was about. So after a little investigation it seems there are 2 types of these things out there. One that you pay for, then go out and in turn get paid to do. The other you get credits towards things at different places.

Can anyone fill me in on these types of things that have used them and give me your take on them. Are they legit or too good to be true?

I have been doing this legitimately for over 8 years. You will NOT make a fortune or get rich doing this, but it's a great way to get paid a bit for things that you may or would like to do anyways. NEVER pay someone for a list. You can get a good list at volition (add dot com to that) and just start from there. Generally if someone asks YOU for money to do a job you should look closer, if you are looking for a job, you should be the one to get paid. I don't know if this makes a lot of sense or not, kidlets are yelling and irritating each other in the background, so if you have more questions drop me a PM and I'll try and give you more info.

i've mystery shopped for a few businesses, but don't ever pay a site for a list of shopping assignments just go to mysteryshop it's a org site, they won't let me post url's)..but kelly is absolutely right you won't get rich from mystery shopping, but its nice for a little extra cash now and then

Go to www.volition.com and www.mysteryshop.org

You need to apply to every company (there are hundreds), and check your email and the job boards, if the sites have them everyday. There is a lot of "leg" work that goes into ms'ing. Good luck!

Hey, thanks for the info. I felt like it wouldnt be a big paying effort but doing something like this that I dont mind and get paid a little for it, thats OK. The other sites sounded too good to be true.

I do some Mystery Shopping here in the UK and have just finished an assignment on Florists in the area - very interesting! Some were great and some were very bad.

David

Hi David

I am in the Uk, and would be interested in this, could you let me know who I could contact ??

Thanks in advance

I signed up with a few companies to do this but the only problem that I have had is that I keep getting the same company just about every day. I can not eat the same thing every day so I let several of them go and do not apply for htem.

I am signed up at serviceevaluations.com. On the average of about once a month, my family and I eat at Hooter's and I then do an evaluation. (They work with other restaurants, but I have never been given an assignment to them.) They tell me what I must order at a minimum, and they give the dollar amount they will reimburse, which always is more than enough to cover what I must order. Usually, as long as we are under the dollar limit, they also reimburse anything extra we order that they did not require. Though I don't actually make extra money for this, we do get to eat out for free at a place we would eat at anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter