Anyone do Chef Mickeys or any other character meal WITHOUT kids?

Disneymoon04

<font color=FF99CC>First stop, Adventurers Club to
I'm planning on getting PS for Chef Mickey's dinner our first day there (it's our honeymoon)... I think it'll be fun even though I figure it's geared towards kids. But I don't want to be the ONLY people there without kids and look all goofy and out of place.

Myself and DBF have done CM on a number of occassions without children and never felt left out of the action or self conscious because we are on our own.

We are going in October and are having breakfast and dinner and expect to have a fab time.

Hope you have agreat time!!

DH and I did Chef Mickey's our last morning on our last trip - no kids - and had a great time! It was a fun send off before we had to go home. We didn't feel out of place at all. We were seated very quickly which I believe was because we were only a party of 2 and could fit just about anywhere. We didn't even have PS's until a night or two before we went. Minnie Mouse took time to come see me and I had my picture made with her, and DH spent a few minutes with Goofy and got a picture with him. Just because we're old enough to get married doesn't mean we're not kids! ;)

We did Chef Mickey's with no children and had a great time. We even have a picture of both Mickey and Minnie sitting at our table with us.

If you want to avoid the noise and a bit frenzied atmosphere, ask to sit in the back section where the windows are. It's much calmer there and there's a wonderful view of Cinderella's castle!

You still get great character interaction, but we really like the slightly calmer atmosphere.

Hubby & I had New Years Eve Dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern this past year. We both had a blast. There were children but they seated us in a window table for 2 off the main dining area and we thought it was the best table in the place. Hubby had a great time getting kisses from Minnie. We are heading back in Dec. and are planning dinner at The Garden Grill with Mickey. Hubby says I'm the only (55 year old) kid he takes to DW. We love it.
Suki
:Pinkbounc :jester:

My DH and I have gone to the Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Royal Table (when it was called King Stefan's), and The Garden Grill for character meals. We plan on going to the Crystal Palace again and we want to try The Liberty Tree Tavern during our next trip in October. We have never felt out of place nor have any of the characters by-passed us because we were sans kids. They stay as long at our table as they do the tables with children. You'll have a wonderful time and congratulations on your wedding. Disney is the best place in the world for a honeymoon....:D

DH and I did dinner at the Garden Grill and had a great time. I LOVE Chip 'n Dale. We did not feel at all out of place. Everyone is a kid at WDW! Enjoy.

My son (age 20) and I went to the Cape May Cafe breakfast buffet at the BC last year and we had a good time. The characters stop by and greet you, and we took pictures.
I have to go to one character meal on each trip, it is part of the magic.

Thanks for the reassurance :) We'll go ahead as planned to Chef Mickeys!!!

my DH and i have done CRT and Chef Mickeys and enjoyed ourselves immensely! (i think DH especially loves having his picture taken with all the Princesses at CRT!)

I've done Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace with just my boyfriend. We thought the food and characters were great :) The characters do spend a little more time with you have kids but we found they were just as playful and patient with us. The waiters/waitresses are also really good about making sure that all of the characters come by your table.

Hi, my fiance and I did Crystal Palace lunch on our last trip. We loved it! We chose this restaurant b/c it has Pooh characters, and Chris loves Tigger. I figured that this would be a great way to see Tigger without waiting in a lot of lines and getting nasty comments and looks. We are doing it again on this trip as I have lost a lot of weight since that trip and won't let those old pics into the outside world. As mentioned before, the servers are great. The woman who waited on us was wonderful about pointing out who was coming our way and was attentive without being too pushy. I think we also got one of the first tables at lunch b/c we were just a table of two.
I highly recommend this for anybody, no matter if you have kids or not. Anyway, we are all kids at heart :)
Maggie
Skyway Waver
82 days left! :teeth:

DH and I always do a character breakfast! We love it! And the characters always stop by our table for pics (and autographs) just like they do for the tables w/ kids. We have never felt uncomfortable. :) They are so much fun!! Y'all should definitely do at least one! We have done Villain's dinner (no longer available), Chef mickey's, Donald's, and Garden grill...all were great! We can't wait to bring our DS in a couple of years.

My boyfriend and I have done several character meals and had great experiences overall. Go for it!!! :D :)

Here's another couple!

We have done character meals and don't feel out of place. The characters and wait staff make us feel right at home :)
I'm planning on some character meals for our up coming trip as well!

Diznee25
Honeymoon Dec. 2003 WDW!

That's the only way we go!!!! DH and I don't have any children yet and we love Chef Mickeys & Crystal Palace.... you will have a blast!!!

definitely - character meals are fun for everyone adults and children - besides isn't everyone 10 years old at WDW.

On past trips it was always just DH and I and we have done several character meals including Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill (our fave) and the Villians dinner, and we have always had a great time. We never felt out of place.

DH and i did 2 character breakfasts on our honeymoon and had a blast! we did chef mickey's and they brought us out a big chocolate cupcake piled high with white frosting and sprinkles on it for our honeymoon. it was so sweet of them!! and the characters spent just as much time with us as they did with the little ones around us.

we also did breakfastosaurus at AK. we liked this one better than mickey's honestly. it just seemed a bit more "grown up" to us. i don't know...anyway, we had a fantastic server and the characters were great there too!!

no matter which one you decide on, you guys will have a great time!! congrats and best wishes!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter