Anyone DIY instead of BBB??

sqerlygirl

Earning My Ears
I wasn't able to get the 8am adr I wanted for BBB at MK so I am considering doing the dress/hair and make-up myself and canceling my 11am adr. (I am pretty much a expert princess maker by now) :)

Is the experience in itself really that wonderful?

TIA!!! Charlene

We brought the dress and crown and mommy played Fairy-god-stylist. It may not have been as fancy as BBB (or as much fun) but DD still got complements and it was cost-effective. I did bring hair color, but wished I had brought the sparkle spray. Also she isn't too much into makeup yet so I don't know how much she would have tolerated at BBB--more into the costumes. DD was Snow White, Ariel princess, Ariel mermaid, and Cinderella over 9 days.
CIMG1207.jpg

CIMG1362.jpg

CIMG1585.jpg

CIMG1686.jpg

I did this for one of my nieces and it worked out great..I could touch it up during the day and she got a fresh makeover each morning! The money we saved doing this went toward some real nice souvenirs.

ilandrazdsw, what a nice job you did. I like how you didn't pile makeup on your DD an inch thick, or give her one of those painful looking hairstyles. :thumbsup2 Kids are naturally gorgeous, they don't need all that.

IMO, the experience at BBB is what you pay for really. But I am not a hair person and how I ended up with a girly girl DD I'll never know and just doing pony tails here lately is about the death of me :). So, my $50 (the cheapest package) was money well spent for us. My BFF, she is the hair guru and her DD and beautiful hair and she can do the princess do (the bun) perfectly, so she does her own. To each his own I guess.

IMO, the experience at BBB is what you pay for really. But I am not a hair person and how I ended up with a girly girl DD I'll never know and just doing pony tails here lately is about the death of me :). So, my $50 (the cheapest package) was money well spent for us. My BFF, she is the hair guru and her DD and beautiful hair and she can do the princess do (the bun) perfectly, so she does her own. To each his own I guess.

I agree it is the experience more than anything. We are going to the BBB in the castle before CRT lunch. I am doing the middle package.

My wife did up both of our dd's (2 and 6) last year for the CRT breakfast, we stopped in at the BBB to see if we could buy sparkles for them and they ended up coming out and applying some for free at the hostess counter wile we waited to see Cinderella.

It honestly depends on what your going for. All of the girls dressed up get extra attention. It doesn't matter if you were styled at BBB or your hotel room.

However, BBB is an experience all on it's own. My daughter had the absolute best time being doted over and pampered. They really do it up and ooh and ahh over them. I bought the dress and everything, but you can bring your own. Here is a picture of my daughter. You just can't beat the look on her face!!

*bonus* Her hair stayed all through the next day!

Being made up
060-1.jpg

Her big reveal
image467.jpg

I totally agree, its the experience your paying for. My DD who was 14 last year went for the first time. I told she was too old but when I called for the appt. they told me they have adults that come there for there hair! So I said o.k. and made the appt. We had to wait a little while before they called her once we got there, it was very crowded. We went to the one in the castle by the way. She got the diva style and I have to admit she looked cute (for a 14 yr old) :rolleyes: Iam sure she'll want it done again this year when we go! Its all in the fun of going to Disney, where else can you act like a kid no matter what age you are? :goodvibes

I do my DD's hair and makeup all the time; she has been dancing for years so I can do a bun in my sleep lol, but she really loved the BBB experience. It was the whole salon experience, the Princess treatment, etc. She loved wearing the sash, too- she still has it over her mirror.

I agree with PP. Its all in what you can afford and want for your DD. I thought it might be the only time my DD would go to WDW while she was young enough to enjoy this treat. She is only 6 and is not allowed to wear makeup so this was a special treat and to her it was awesome. I have no idea why little girls like this but it was worth watching her walk around like she was royalty.

IMG_0439adjcw.jpg

I was BBBing my princess before the BBB! We had her do it for real last year (just the $50 coach package). We were there in July and I thought it was too hot to put one of those fluffy dresses on!

She had a great experience that I'm sure she'll always remember. We just probably won't do it again. It was a great memory though.

I wasn't able to get the 8am adr I wanted for BBB at MK so I am considering doing the dress/hair and make-up myself and canceling my 11am adr. (I am pretty much a expert princess maker by now) :)

Is the experience in itself really that wonderful?

TIA!!! Charlene

If you decide to do it yourself she could always get a little princess magic if your walking around downtown disney at some point. Now I don't know if they do this all the time or just in the morning though. But the one time we were there there was BBB workers every so often on the walkway paths holding star wands. Anybody could come up and get fairy dust sprinkled on them for free. Before they did it they said "Make a wish, princess" and then while shaking the wand with glitter they said "BBB may all your princess wishes and dreams come true"

I would compare it like this....IMHO...The BBB to a girl is like the GFSP to the ladies....Sure you can paint your toenails in your hotel room or you can go for the entire experience.....

Just depends on what you are looking for. I think it is worth it for the girls!!!!

It's worth doing the real thing once, to get this:

image241.jpg

image242.jpg

But it's easy to do yourself. In fact, on this trip, I recreated the hairstyle each day in the hotel room.

Thanks everyone for your input :)

I am keeping the ADR for BBB and will do her makeover myself on the other days.

From what you are saying, the experience is something she will remember for a long time...I can't wait to capture the look on her face when she sees herself in the mirror!!
Charlene

My daughter STILL talks about it. She is 4. She of course wants to go back. You also get a little bag of make up, nail polist, etc.. so i just used that each day and fixed her up. She loved it! And she got so much attention, which she just adores!

I'm planning on doing the Crown pkg (middle pkg with hair, makeup and nails) and then purchase a dress there instead of spending $200+ on the BIG package. I don't really need the extra cost of the pictures, etc. How much do the dresses cost if you were to purchase them individually?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter