Anyone decorate INSIDE of camper for kids to make it seem more magical?

mommy2paisley

DIS Veteran
LOL We are getting ready to buy a camper and would LOVE to use it on our upcoming Disney trip (11 nights in September). My daughter (8.5) is not so happy because she feels the inside of the rooms we are staying in (have ressies for Pop) are much more Disney and magical than our camper would be.

I told her I would do my best to make it more magical, however I figured someone on here has done the same and might have some great ideas. Both kids need new blankets/throws anyway, so I was going to get Disney throws for their bunkbeds. DD collects the Animator dolls so I was going to put all those on her bed, DS's stuffed animals, etc. I planned on doing Disney soap in the bathroom.....but what else can I do? :) Any ideas?

I have seen awesome outside deco for campers in another thread! Would like to bring some of that indoors.

I've never done it before, but maybe you could add some disney window clings to the windows. You could use some disney plates and cups (I think both of these are cute and affordable: http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-mouse-plate-summer-fun/mp/1350976/1000349/ and http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-mouse-icon-tumber-set-summer-brights/mp/1355068/1000350/.
You could probably find cheap disney posters or artwork on ebay. Frame those and hang them for a disney-feel in your RV or even frame a favorite Disney family photo or two and hang those. And you may be able to find some thin disney beach towels as they clear those out for summer. Let the kids use those instead of regular towels to dry off with for a little more Disney fun.

How about park maps on the ceiling of their bunks? Or use maps as place mats/table covers so the kiddos can re-live their day's adventures by tracing their paths on the map or marking the hidden mickeys they found? Disney flashlights in their bunks for after dark activities, walking thru the Fort? Disney mugs/tumblers, toothbrushes. Disney night light inside and outside the camper? Disney music cd for "ambience"? Have fun and go wild....never too much Disney!

We have a Disney bathroom in our RV. Disney shower curtain, rug, towels, toothbrush and soap dishes, a cute Mickey picture on the wall, we have Disney tissues, soap, bandaids and washcloths from Dollar Tree.

I've got some wall clings on my camper (not Disney themed currently) but if I went to Disney I often thought I'd get some large Disney themed ones to decorate the camper. They're not too expensive. Some of the rental campers I've seen have these on the walls and they're cute and removable.

I've never done it before, but maybe you could add some disney window clings to the windows. You could use some disney plates and cups (I think both of these are cute and affordable: http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-mouse-plate-summer-fun/mp/1350976/1000349/ and http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-mouse-icon-tumber-set-summer-brights/mp/1355068/1000350/.
You could probably find cheap disney posters or artwork on ebay. Frame those and hang them for a disney-feel in your RV or even frame a favorite Disney family photo or two and hang those. And you may be able to find some thin disney beach towels as they clear those out for summer. Let the kids use those instead of regular towels to dry off with for a little more Disney fun.

I have the tumbler set and I was sort of reluctant to buy it because I thought the Mickey heads would wear off in the dishwasher. I've had it 3 years, though, and it's fine. We've got these coasters, too, and they add a pop of color & Disney happiness: http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Mickey-Mouse-Icon-Coasters/dp/B0055UCXOQ

DD's nursery had Winne the Pooh decals and wallpaper border on the walls that were all wall clings and peeled off easily. We got them in the baby section. I think you'll have to look in different sections of the store to find what you want.

It's surprising how much Disney stuff there is available at different places like Walgreen's, Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Walmart, and Target. Bringing your own stuffed animals helps discourage too many purchases when you're at WDW. You can say, you already have a Mickey/Donald/Eeyore back at the campsite!

I second the wall decal idea, I have some in my camper, not Disney themed, but they have a ton of Disney themed wall decals on amazon and they are very reasonably priced. get her favorite characters and put them all around the camper, great way to decorate without damaging walls or doing anything permanent.

We brought ALL our disney plushes. My daughter was hard to find in her bunk end. My daughter was only 3 so we picked out some of her disney books to bring for bed time stories. I found a mickey sheet for her bed. We had disney beach towels, washclothes, and dishclothes.

A few other little things, the dollar store had disney zip lock bags and disney boxes of tissues. I also picked up paper plates and bowls from the party section of Walmart. We have some some reusable disney dishes too but paper makes it all easier when you are trying to get to the parks!

I would also bring sidewalk chalk and encourage her to add to the disney magic outside!

The campground is a truly magical place! I know your daughter will enjoy it.

My camper was truly disneyfied inside. I had coloring pages on the walls borrowed from various resorts. My plates and cups are all disney. The linens for the sofa and the table beds were beauty and the beast and little mermaid twin sets. The queen was done in red, black and yellow. I brought disney dvds for the little ones and more coloring pages. The bathroom always had H20 products and disney towels bought at Hollywood studios and embroidered with our nicknames. My niece who spent many nights in the Mickey mobile just got back from a trip with her boyfriend where they stayed at CSR and said I had out disneyed disney. Now I just need a new camper to re Disneyfy.

I love all of these ideas & the pics! I love the rug, Pixie Camper! Gives me lots of good ideas for our first trip in the camper!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter