Anyone cruising soon? I need your help

MKFan75

Earning My Ears
UPDATE: 3 months later all 3 missing postcards were delivered. 1 was partially melted. All 3 had an extra stamp on them. If mailing that type of postcard be sure to double-check the postage required. The lady at Castaway Cay didn't tell me it would take 2 stamps. Nice of whoever to add that second stamp for me.

We went on a Disney Cruise in January. I mailed 8 postcards from Castaway Cay, but only 5 made it to their destinations. For some reason the lenticular (kind that changes picture when you move it) 2015 Disney Cruise Line postcards never made it through the mail. I was hoping someone would be willing to pick up 3 for me while they are on their cruise and mail them to me in an envelope when they got back. I would pay you for the postcards, envelope and postage back to me. I can't remember how much they were exactly, but I'm thinking they were about $1.75 a piece. I mailed postcards to 3 of my kids, but only 2 got theirs. I need to get the third child her postcard. We always mail postcards from our trips to have the stamp and postmark, but I'm worried it wouldn't make it again, so I'm just hoping to get the postcards. Let me know if you can help. I'd really appreciate it. I guess next time I know to buy extra in case they never make it.

Last edited:
We went on a Disney Cruise in January. I mailed 8 postcards from Castaway Cay, but only 5 made it to their destinations. For some reason the lenticular (kind that changes picture when you move it) 2015 Disney Cruise Line postcards never made it through the mail. I was hoping someone would be willing to pick up 3 for me while they are on their cruise and mail them to me in an envelope when they got back. I would pay you for the postcards, envelope and postage back to me. I can't remember how much they were exactly, but I'm thinking they were about $1.75 a piece. I mailed postcards to 3 of my kids, but only 2 got theirs. I need to get the third child her postcard. We always mail postcards from our trips to have the stamp and postmark, but I'm worried it wouldn't make it again, so I'm just hoping to get the postcards. Let me know if you can help. I'd really appreciate it. I guess next time I know to buy extra in case they never make it.
Sorry, that happened to you. I can't help with getting you new cards, but I'll just point out that it can take upwards of 6-8 weeks to get postcards. Our first cruise, we mailed 5 postcards, 4 of them arrived at various times beginning about a month from mailing up to 4 months, and the 5th never did arrive.

Hope someone can help you out.

I'm hoping they'll still arrive, but it has been over 2 months. The other 5 I mailed arrived at various times from 2-4 weeks after we got back. It just seems like the last 3 probably aren't coming. I mailed post cards from South Africa last summer and they arrived in a 2 week span, but we got them all. I was thinking the Bahamas would be quicker. Obviously not.

I'm hoping they'll still arrive, but it has been over 2 months. The other 5 I mailed arrived at various times from 2-4 weeks after we got back. It just seems like the last 3 probably aren't coming. I mailed post cards from South Africa last summer and they arrived in a 2 week span, but we got them all. I was thinking the Bahamas would be quicker. Obviously not.
Ummm.... no. The Bahamas runs on Bahamas time. As in, "maybe tomorrow".

I agree with you mine have always taken two to three weeks.

We're going on 3/29 (7-night itinerary). I would be happy to pick them up for you. Please just send me a message with as much detail as you can so I make sure to pick up the right ones.

Sorry, for some reason your responses weren't showing up to me . My postcards FINALLY did show up. One was melted and all 3 had and extra stamp on them. So perhaps that kind of postcard needs extra postage. Weird they didn't say that when I mailed them at Castaway Cay! Thanks for your offer to help though. I see I'm a bit late. Hope you enjoyed your cruise!
We're going on 4/24...if you can wait that long I can pick some up for you.

We're going on 3/29 (7-night itinerary). I would be happy to pick them up for you. Please just send me a message with as much detail as you can so I make sure to pick up the right ones.

Again, thanks for your offer to help. I don't know what happened that new replies weren't showing up for me. Again, I did finally get the postcards in the mail. It took 3 months to get them though. Lesson learned for next time! Hope you had a great cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter