• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone cruising on the Feb. 6-10, 2005 Wonder??

Hi everyone...what do you think of trying to meet on Sunday right after the Sail Away Party somewhere???? That was it will be before anyone has dinner, shows, and Superbowl :cheer2:

I was trying to think of someplace that we could gather without too many people around so we can find each other :).

I will do a post to see where others have gathered (surely there is one good place) and then set something up.

Let me know if anyone has any better ideas.

HELLO WONDER CRUISERS!
A SPECIAL HELLO TO THE LOUISIANA PASSENGERS FLEEING MARDI GRAS!! :jumping4:
TRAVELING WITH MY WIFE AND 2 PRINCESSES AGES 9 AND 6

We had a very successful meet on the 12/18 thread. We met up on deck 10 at 3pm on the dock side. 3pm worked well because it was after lunch and the ressie rush but before the drill. It gave everyone a good 30-45 minutes to meet and talk. We do it mid-ship above the goofy pool so if the kids want to swim they can and still be seen. 3pm also works because it is quiet then.

After the lifeboat drill I'd say about 80% of our group met back in the same place for sailaway. Doing the meet at sailaway is hard because it gets so loud, but once everyone has met they can party together.

Someone posted this on a request I had asked about, so why don't we plan on meeting where it states above.

Let's meet on deck 10 at 3pm on the dock side. 3pm will work well it is after lunch and the ressie rush but before the drill. Why don't we meet mid-ship above the goofy pool so if the kids want to swim they can and still be seen.

If anyone has any better suggestions, please feel free to post them.

I hope we got our docs today too!!!!

I'll be there. Are we wearing lime green Mickey's??? Can't wait to meet everyone.

Did anyone notice the temp at Cocoa Beach yesterday? I logged in too late to see the Wonder sail by on Two Palms but did notice the temp - it was 48 degrees and no that is not a typo. We are starting to be covered in the 15 day forecasts and we are looking a bit better than that - that is if you trust the weatherman.

We'll be there too! How can we distinguish ourselves? I did plan on wearing my STEELER shirt, but unfortunately, we won't be going to the SuperBowl. I still may wear it! My kids are DS-12 & DD - turning 9 on 2/6.

Try our best to be there! Got our docs today and we are ready to ROLL!!! :cool1: Only 9 more days til we cut outta here!!! Cant' wait :goodvibes

Single digits until we leave for the airport!!! I can't wait to be out of this cold (18 BELOW this morning) and snow. Still no docs here - I will call if they don't show up today.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Deck 10 @ 3:00 next Sunday.

Hey everyone...10 more days!!!!

I can't wait to meet everyone too, we'll be up on Deck 10 at 3pm overlooking above the goofy pool.

We got half of our docs yesterday, the other half (because we have 2 rooms) got left by UPS at the wrong address and now they are nowhere to be seen. I called DCL yesterday and they say they are re-issuing our documents and should be here on Friday. What a mess. I wonder why they don't have you sign for them, to prevent something like this??!!! Oh well, at least half of can go now :)

We've started packing and I'm sure it'll be way too much because we just can't decide what to wear. And also the possibly of eating at Triton's twice leads us to pack 2 good sets of dinner clothes, but I'm not complaining, I'll gladly eat at Tritons every night. Just as long as we're cruising not much else matters! :cool1:

See everyone real soon!

We'll be there too! Our travel agent got our docs 2 days ago, we got upgraded from a 12 to a 9!!! :banana: Not telling DH though, am going to let it be a surprise. So if we haven't seen the room yet.... shhhhhh....

Don't know what we will be wearing either. Look for the parents chasing 2 very overexcited boys around..... But you'll know us from the Canadian accents.
Is anyone else doing land and sea?

You're so lucky to get a Cat 9!!! We also have a Cat. 12 & STILL don't have our docs yet. So we don't know if we were upgraded - probably not - we have 2 cabins (Cat. 12) because my MIL is going.

I called my TA, but she's out of the office today - got an email from her office saying the docs were sent UPS & they will get a tracking #.

We had 2 rooms 12 GTY for the 5 of us (DH, myself, DD, DS & MIL). So that my MIL didn't have to pay the single supplement, the TA put 3 names in 1 room & 2 in the other. Guess what - our Cat. 10 rooms (which was great that we got upgraded), only sleeps 3 people each.

I knew that there was no guarantee to have the rooms next to each other, even though our reservations had the same last names & were linked (you would think DIsney would at least put us closer than front & back of the ship). I did not know the rooms would only sleep 3.

Learned a lesson! Tried to save some money - you get what you pay for.

Hopefully when we get to the port, maybe something will open up for us.

Congrats Jeannif on the upgrade!!!! :cheer2: We didn't get one, :guilty: but oh well...we are still as excited as ever and ready to roll!!! :goodvibes We hit 3 parades this week and I AM DONE!! So ready to be onboard but alas it is time to start packing...we are leaving Friday night...YEAH Can't wait to see everyone!

Oh and I give up on seeing any January navigators! I've been watching these boards like a hawk for a new one and no one is posting. So still wishing for someone to spread a little "magic" before we leave :wizard:

Lata.....

Thanks everyone. DH still has no clue that we've been upgraded... I can't wait to see his face. :teeth:
Treloarf- I saw on another thread that hopefully your cabins actually sleep 4... I hope so.
See you on board. Today is my last day checking in, off tomorrow to pack and then we leave on Thursday. See you on board. DH is hoping to find a tv to watch superbowl on Sunday!
I'm debating on whether to pack dh's suit jacket or only the pants w/ a shirt and tie... what are you all doing?

Our docs arrived on Friday and I am ready to go! Not packed but it is all out and ready to go.

Jeannie - congrats on the upgrade! My DH never wears a jacket to Triton's (actually, he has only done Lumiere's but it is the same on the Magic) but he isn't going this trip - just me and a dear friend as a treat for her retirement. You will see men with and without jackets so it is up to you. Boy, that was helpful, wasn't it!

Jeaniff...DH decided last night during packing that he isn't bringing a jacket either. Polo shirt and dress pants is it for him. I've seen lots of posts saying 4night isn't so formal...so the jacket is out! :earboy2: "Magic"al wishes traveling and hope to see u on board! :wave:

We fly out on Saturday and I haven't packed anything yet! I guess I'll be running around like a mad woman Friday night!! See all of you on board!

Hey everyone.

I hope by now everyone has their cruise docs, started packing and ready to cruise! :cool1:

We are soooo ready for a vacation, we're leaving Sat morning about 6am for the 12 drive to Disney, we have a rev at Hilton Resort at Downtown Disney for Sat night and then we'll drive over to Port Cananeral on Sun morning. Yeah!!!!!

I can't wait for everyone to meet. Deck 10, 3pm above Goofy Pool. :thewave:
Ready to Cruisel!

I'm 1/2 way packed - got delayed today - DS (12) is home sick. Wouldn't you know it - not sick all year - perfect attendance at school. 2 days before we fly out - he gets some type of cough, headache. I'm spraying lysol everywhere!!!!!

We fly into Sarasota Fri. afternoon, stay at my MIL's Fri. night, drive to Cocoa Beach for Sat. night. It's a 3-1/2 drive from Sarasota & we wanted to be at the dock early.

I'm ready for sun & warmer temps - Pgh. is too cold & cloudy. See everyone on Deck 10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter