Anyone cruised end of Sept?

daniluvsdisney

Mouseketeer
end of Sept. a bad time to cruise?We did end of Oct. last year and loved it... wondering what to expect weather wise... rough water wise...

I have not sailed at all yet, but read that you sailed last October. We are scheduled for Oct 31 on the Wonder. Did you run into any problems with hurricanes last yr? Also, how was the water temp at CC? Any helpful info about that time of yr would be appreciated.

Our Oct. sailing was fantastic... we were mid ship but had smooth sailing the entire time... small rocking the first evening and one afternoon, but mot much at all... they told us that the week before they could not even go to castaway cay because the water was too rough so they had to sail around.... we were thankful for our week even more after hearing that...

We'd be interested I hearing previous experiences as well. We usually cruise in February, but a multitude of factors contributed to us moving our trip to the end of September. I'm not too concerned once we're on the ship, though I suppose if there is a storm out there it could cause some problems. Has anyone had any problems with getting to Fl due to weather conditions at that time of the year? I'm usually worrying about a snow storm grounding us here, not I'm keeping my eye on hurricanes.

We did the 7 day Eastern the last week of September about 4 years ago. The weather was fine, but there was a tropical storm that followed us north. It later turned into a huricane. Our weather was great until we got back to port.
The rates in September and October are great. The weather is a crapshoot. The captain will avoid the weather if he can. I remember seeing the Magic in Key West at the time there was no Western cruise. The captain detoured there to avoid a storm, then headed back south to continue the cruise.

We did 3rd week in Sept last year..and it was excellent.

You always take your chance cruising during hurricane season..you can have smooth seas..or rough. The weather instruments are very hi-tech and the captain will pretty much go around any bad weather.

We sailed 9/22/01,9/28/02 and 10/11/03 with our next 10/02/04. The weather has been great with the exception of the 9/28 when we had to detour due to huriicaine Lillie (we did a modified Eastern instead of a Western)
We LOVE to sail this time of year, the weather is beautiful without being too hot and the rates are great.

We do the last week of September every year (birthday time!) THe weather is wonderful. You do have to realize that you are in the middle of hurricane season, and the ship doesn't always go where you are planning to go. The captain will head away from any hurricane or tropical storm patterns. We went to Key West before the Western existed. We've never had to miss Castaway, although we did miss some other ports of call. On one cruise, we missed St. Maarten, on another we missed Grand Cayman. However, they try to arrange alternative ports or activities, and we always have a great time. I'd be upset if we ever missed CC, but that hasn't happened.

I like Sept. much better than summer. THe weather is warm, but not opressively hot or humid. Water temps are good for swimming, and the prices can't be beat!

All of our cruises have been between early Sept and late Oct. Each time, the weather has varied. Pretty much the only consistancy has been hot weather with the exception of the late Oct. sailing. While the weather was still hot, it was noticably cooler than the previous sailing that were usually never past mid Oct. But then weather varies so much, I think we just hit it lucky last year and there wasn't an extended hot season. I'm sure other year, it's just as hot in late October.

DW and I went 2 years ago. The water was very calm. Seas were 1 to 1.5 ft We were on a 4-night Wonder cruise. The weather was as near perfect as you can get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter