Anyone Chosen for Year Of A Million Dreams?

Jill In Wonderland

Hopping in Rabbit Holes!
Hi all,
I was wondering if there was anyone here who had gotten chosen for a prize during the Year of A Million Dreams at the Walt Disney World Resort. My family was lucky enough to win a night in the Cinderella Castle Suite and appear in a parade, just from a lucky seat on Expedition Everest! I would love to hear other families' stories of their lucky wins!:hippie: :wizard:

No we never did :(

Would love to hear about your experience staying at the suite though! Any pictures??

Hi all,
I was wondering if there was anyone here who had gotten chosen for a prize during the Year of A Million Dreams at the Walt Disney World Resort. My family was lucky enough to win a night in the Cinderella Castle Suite and appear in a parade, just from a lucky seat on Expedition Everest! I would love to hear other families' stories of their lucky wins!:hippie: :wizard:

so how the the experience ? were you just stuck in the room once you got in it since your basically locked in the park ? how did it all work ?

Not nearly as exciting as yours, but we were thrilled... while touring Disney Land a CM came up to us and gave each member of our party a lanyard with Disney pins on it.

We got picked for an extra hours after Epcot park closing to stay and hit all the big rides. They had a kick off party before the official closing and we also had special buttons/lanyards. Kids thought it was so cool to finally win something.pixiedust:

I think that is absolutely fabulous!

What an amazing opportunity and seriously to be able to do what is unthinkable is even more special.

I am happy that at least they do things like that.

I know we would all be stunned.

I am always thankful to be able to even go on a Disney Vacation as some are not as fortunate.

This would top it all off!!

The lanyard woudl even be fabulous!1

Share your experience and let us be happy with you!!

I really wish they would bring that promotion back. I was in Disney for 10 days during it and didn't win a thing but it was fun to dream that I could potentially spend the night in the castle suite. It was awesome seeing people in the park with the special lanyards or ears too.

Shortly after they first started it, we won Dream Fastpasses upon exiting the line to see Minnie Mouse in Camp Minnie/Mickey in AK..... and literally moments before that, unrelated, we got asked by another CM to be one of the families to ride on a float that afternoon in the Jammin' Jungle Parade (which we did! :) )

They extended the promotion another year, so the following summer, we were in the same spot in Camp Minnie/Mickey (same time of day) and AGAIN got Dream Fastpasses for that day @ AK! :banana:

We also got a few Tink pins with "Year of a Million Dreams" on them from CM's :)

We were *very* lucky!

We received Dream Fastpasses for Epcot because we were the first ones to get to the Imagination pavilion that day.

A cast member loved the way my son said "Ka Chow" while asking where Lightining McQueen was at HS...so he put my kids in the parade!

My son was also looking at the trains in Germany, and a cast member asked him if he'd like to start the trains for the day. He said yes, and the CM gave him a whistle and a certificate.

It really was a great promotion. I smile every time I think of these moments!! I'd love to hear others!

We was in the honey i shrunk the kids playground at HS and we seen these kids and adults with cool blue hats with Mickey ears on them that said year of a million dreams,
well we asked a cast member where we could buy one and he said they could not be bought they was part of the promotion! .....but if we run around and went through the entrance again we might find something we all did it and we all got( 3 kids 5 adults)the Mickey hats :) i know it was only something small but it made my kids day,and they wore them for the next 10 days which was fab as it saved us around 50 dollars not having to buy them mickey ears :)

I almost forgot on that same trip i was in Tonys at MK with my hubby and our server gave me a Tinkerbell gold pin :love: Tinks my fav so i was pretty chuffed! Now i would have loved the bigger prizes they was giving out but was MORE then happy with what we recieved :banana:

We recieved YOAMD Ears after getting off Dumbo, it was my son's first trip to the World (he was 1) and It was SO exciting

...the following year...we got ears again getting off of Winnie the Pooh (I have both the dark and light blue ones)

and my son was asked to "start" the race at the tomorrowland speedway, he got to wave the flag...they announced his name...took pictures and he got a certificate. It was cute for him...a

fter the promotion ended (shortly after...) we got free cups at Sci-Fi filled with pop corn as they were left over from the promotion and the waited thought my kids were cute...

I guess we were prety lucky...I LOVE the idea of making little moments more special :)

I wish they would bring back that promotion...We loved it

We won Dream FastPasses for Magic Kingdom!!!

We entered the boarding area for the train in Frontierland and the Dream team was there. DD6 wanted to trade pins with them. they were very nice and we chatted a bit. We boarded the train and all got off at Toon town. We headed for Goofy Barnstormer. When we got to the loading platform the dream team as at the exit. DH kept saying to himself for them not to go anywhere. We exited the ride and they met us and ushered us off the ride and presented us with the Dream fastpasses!! We were the last ones to receive the passes. We walked down the path with the dream team. They were joking with us that we were stalking them!! :rotfl::rotfl:

It was our last day in the park. We had only planned on riding a few rides then heading out. The dream fastpasses changed our day. SInce it was just after 10 am we staying at the Magic Kingdom and used just about all of our passes. The dream fastpasses allowed myself and 2 older DS to ride Space mountain for the first time. We were hooked after that!! Many other guest asked where we purchased them from-- they were on a laynard. Many were surprised that they were given out.

While we didn't get the castle suite (we had 1 too many people anyways) the dream fastpasses where awesome!!

I do wish they would do that promotion again.

My group of 7 won dream fastpasses coming off Haunted Mansion during morning touring. It was pretty cool! Do they still do anything like this?

We won dream fastpasses for magic kingdom when getting in line for Its a Small World!

Our son was also chosen to open the festival of the lion King theatre with a special ceremony of sorts. Then he got to dance onstage with some of the characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter