Anyone buy the Verizon wireless park app?

At least for Android its now free.

And if you are asking about how accurate the wait times are? It gives you the same numbers that are posted on the wait times signs at the rides and info boards.

if you are asking about how accurate the wait times are? It gives you the same numbers that are posted on the wait times signs at the rides and info boards.

Are *those* accurate? How do they compare to the Touringplans Lines app?

Are *those* accurate? How do they compare to the Touringplans Lines app?

I like both of the apps, but here's the difference.

Touring Plans is a combination of model predictions (actually quite good) and actual visitor inputs. If you're not paying attention, you might see a guest input time of 15 minute wait for a ride.... but entered 3 hours ago. So make sure you look at the time entered.

The Disney app is direct feeds from their system, so FP times will always be accurate. Ride wait times are based on those red cards they give to randome guests going through the queue. So the app will update (just like the time posted at the ride entrance) as those red cards are collected.

Note: you won't see actual times for the parks with the Disney app unless you are in the park (picked up by GPS). If you're not there you see something like "short, moderate, long, etc"

And yes, it's free so check it out.

I love that app! It's the only app I have that I paid for and it is well worth it. The wait times are exactly as what is posted in the parks and updates at the same time as the park updates the times. The fastpass times are also accurate.

I didn't realize it's free now, but if so, definitely download it! It does so much more than just give wait times. It's a really great app.

Since I'm at home and can't really test it out. If you are in the park and want to go to a certain ride/restaurant, etc. Does it direct you via gps?

Since I'm at home and can't really test it out. If you are in the park and want to go to a certain ride/restaurant, etc. Does it direct you via gps?

That's a great question. I would like to know that as well.

For some reason I cant remember if it does, but I know it will mark it on the map for you where the certain restaurant is, I used for Hollywood Brown Derby in DHS...I dont think it directs you so much as it shows where you are ( general area) and shows where the restaurant is, and or attraction.. I hope someone can be more helpful, my memory isnt the greatest, I have both the TP app and The Mobile Magic App, and I Prefer the disney one,though TP is easier to navigate it seems!

Is the Verizon app for the iPhone or just for Android? Considering getting my first smartphone, just for this trip -- I mean, I'd keep it afterwards, of course :).

Is the Verizon app for the iPhone or just for Android? Considering getting my first smartphone, just for this trip -- I mean, I'd keep it afterwards, of course :).
I believe right now, it is just for Android. My mom mentioned that they were developing the same app for the iPhone and it would come out this fall.

I hope that's true, because I just switched from Android to the iPhone. I was just in the parks in June and will be back in October - I used the app on my old phone in June and it was WONDERFUL. I loved it, and it was well worth the money I paid for it (at the time). Hopefully it will be free on iPhone when it comes out!

Right now only some droids, some BlackBerrys and some other non smart phones.

There was a post that they are working on an iPhone version but I don't think it was anything official.

is it going to be free forever, or just for a limited time? and does it still only work for 180 days?

DH and I may be hitting up DL again in October...the app wasn't out for the Droid last time we went, but it is now and I'd definitely be interested in using it. Is it worth downloading now?

is it going to be free forever, or just for a limited time? and does it still only work for 180 days?

DH and I may be hitting up DL again in October...the app wasn't out for the Droid last time we went, but it is now and I'd definitely be interested in using it. Is it worth downloading now?

I downloaded it yesterday. Didn't say it was only good for 180 days, just asked when we were coming.

The application does work on GPS. You will need to have your phone GPS locator 'on' for it to know where you are and which park you are in.

I got it free for my Blackberry Curve.. So I noticed here at home wait times say go now, moderate or long.. In the parks will it have the actual times? If so that is amazing!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter