Anyone buy the Photopass Photo Gallery CD?

twinmamaplusone

Earning My Ears
We just got back from WDW a few weeks ago. I don't think that i want to spend the money for the entire Photopass CD, but I'm wondering if the photo gallery CD is worth the money to use the photos for scrap booking, etc. Since you can't see what's on the CD on the website, I'm not sure what to expect.

Thanks!

We just got back from WDW a few weeks ago. I don't think that i want to spend the money for the entire Photopass CD, but I'm wondering if the photo gallery CD is worth the money to use the photos for scrap booking, etc. Since you can't see what's on the CD on the website, I'm not sure what to expect.

Thanks!

I bought it a few years ago. Hopefully it will be different this year since it is included in our Photopass+. The CD will have pics of characters, rides, resorts, DTD, etc. I think it was around 400 photos or so. It is nice to have. :goodvibes

I bought it a few years ago. Hopefully it will be different this year since it is included in our Photopass+. The CD will have pics of characters, rides, resorts, DTD, etc. I think it was around 400 photos or so. It is nice to have. :goodvibes

We had Photopass+ in March and only had about 15 stock images, from Flower and Garden. I wonder if I did something wrong in ordering?

We had Photopass+ in March and only had about 15 stock images, from Flower and Garden. I wonder if I did something wrong in ordering?

did you pre order photopass+ on the website? If so they sent you a dvd with the 2 coupons you used to get photopass at the parks. The dvd they sent was the Photo Gallery Cd.

did you pre order photopass+ on the website? If so they sent you a dvd with the 2 coupons you used to get photopass at the parks. The dvd they sent was the Photo Gallery Cd.

Yes, we did. I'll ask my husband- maybe he filed it away without telling me. :) Thanks!

ETA: Yep- he put it in his desk drawer. Thanks for telling me what to look for! I would have never even known we had them.

but I'm wondering if the photo gallery CD is worth the money to use the photos for scrap booking, etc.

We did a photobook on picaboo and used many of the pictures as backgrounds for our pictures. It added an extra dimension to enhance our shots. We also included a few to expand on things we were unable to capture but wanted in our book for memories.

It has some really good stock photos on it, but some of them are pretty much repeats of other photos, just taken at a different moment. It depends on what you want to use it for. You would not be able to pass most of them off as your photos in something like a scrapbook, but they are great for a screensaver.

Unfortunately the CD has the same images as it had for the last few years. I really hope they change it up because otherwise you will keep getting the same one when you order PP+ every time.

I bought the gallery cd about 6 months before pp+ came out. I ordered pp+ for our trip last fall. The cds have some of the same pics and some different ones.

When I ordered the gallery cd, it showed various pictures "flying" into the cd graphic on the website. One of those pictures was of BLT, where we usually stay. When I got the cd, there were no pictures of BLT on it. My pp+ gallery cd has several BLT photos, so I was very happy to have it.

I ordered pp+ for our upcoming trip, but I haven't looked at the cd yet to see if anything is different.

Got my Photopass+ CD a couple of weeks ago, and to be honest, I was a bit disappointed with the stock images.

The best ones are the pictures of the fireworks - I can never seem to get decent ones of those, so that has helped.

But there are no photos of any of the parades, which I was hoping for.

And very few of the Poly where I am staying - but funnily enough, loads of the Contemporary.

And many of the photos are holiday photos from Xmas and Halloween, which may well be nice, but have nothing to do with our trip.

I also noticed there weren't many ride photos or photos of shows.

So in my opinion, not worth paying any money for. You can find just as good photos online (for example on this site).

If you scrapbook you need it.

I'm (used to be) a serious scrapbooker (ok now DH just says I collect supplies) and I have used mine several times. Well worth it.

If you scrapbook you need it.

I'm (used to be) a serious scrapbooker (ok now DH just says I collect supplies) and I have used mine several times. Well worth it.

Yes! We both need this T-shirt
scrapbook_shopping_womens_tshirt.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter