• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone bought a good dual dvd for car lately?

blessedby3

Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna
I'm looking to replace our dual dvd system for our van (for the 12 hour treck to WDW in June). The one we currently have quit working and only lasted about a year. Has anyone gotten a god deal on a dual screen system lately? Thanks :thumbsup2

Thanks for the bump! Guess I will bump it again hoping someone has gotten a good deal (recently) to share:thumbsup2

We had a pricey dual headrest system and the dvd player and one monitor went out.

We replaced the DVD player for $99 but the headrest monitor replacement is going to be around $450 an we just aren't going to do it.

So, they all get in a position where they can watch just the one screen!

Now, if I could find a good deal, I would buy, but I can't find good deals.

Dawn

We had a pricey dual headrest system and the dvd player and one monitor went out.

We replaced the DVD player for $99 but the headrest monitor replacement is going to be around $450 an we just aren't going to do it.

So, they all get in a position where they can watch just the one screen!

Now, if I could find a good deal, I would buy, but I can't find good deals.

Dawn

I saw those headrest ones where you replace the whole headrest and the monitor is inside...very cool, but very expensive. Glad to see your post and I guess I will stick with the ones that velcro to the headrest. I really want something that will velcro to the headrest instead of the handheld ones. We are stuffing 8 people in our 8 seater Toyota minivan for a 12 hour drive:scared1::scared1::sad2::sad2: so we wont have lots of extra room to store stuff. I just want a recommendation of a good price, sturdy system that will hopefully last longer than our last one. I think our last one was RCA.

Looking for one as well. Is there anything special I should look for? Sam's has a couple on their website, but I'm a little concerned now since everyone is saying their's went bad so quickly.

If it matters we are planning only on using it on long trips, maybe 3-4 times a year.

I have bought several of these over the years. All different brands. NONE of them have lasted longer than 6 to 12 months. :mad: The last one I bought worked on the trip from Maine to Disney but quit on the way back about 30 minutes into the trip. :headache: I have given up purchasing these things they go with books, activitiy books, travel games cards, etc. They make it with out the DVD player. Unless I find a higly rated, cost effective portable DVD player in the future we will go like the "good ol' days" when there wasn't such a thing and go without.:thumbsup2

Side note I have 4 kids

I do like that it can play over our stereo system and doesn't have a lot of wires or anything....but, they are expensive.

Now, it is a system from 2004, so it did last about 6 years before it went out.

Dawn

I saw those headrest ones where you replace the whole headrest and the monitor is inside...very cool, but very expensive. Glad to see your post and I guess I will stick with the ones that velcro to the headrest. I really want something that will velcro to the headrest instead of the handheld ones. We are stuffing 8 people in our 8 seater Toyota minivan for a 12 hour drive:scared1::scared1::sad2::sad2: so we wont have lots of extra room to store stuff. I just want a recommendation of a good price, sturdy system that will hopefully last longer than our last one. I think our last one was RCA.

I do like that it can play over our stereo system and doesn't have a lot of wires or anything....but, they are expensive.

Now, it is a system from 2004, so it did last about 6 years before it went out.

Dawn

They might be expensive, but they also don't become projectiles if you are in a crash. (We have one but even with the velcro supports, hubby will not let our boys use them during car rides. He will let them use their ipods though.)

Have you looked on ebay or craigslist to see if someone is in the same position as you are and trying to sell their one working one?

Yes, I have even posted on CL. I can't find one. I only need one. The other one works fine.

Dawn

They might be expensive, but they also don't become projectiles if you are in a crash. (We have one but even with the velcro supports, hubby will not let our boys use them during car rides. He will let them use their ipods though.)

Have you looked on ebay or craigslist to see if someone is in the same position as you are and trying to sell their one working one?

I hadnt thought about checking craigslist...I will check that now! Sure wish someone had something good to say about a long lasting reasonably priced dvd system!

I have had the Philips ones from Target about a year and a half now. They go on sale as low as 79.99. I think they are on sale right now for 109.00. I would recommend buying the $15 warrenty. I had to use it once but so far so good. Very easy to use warrenty and have no problem since. We have done about 4 Disney drives on them and they are used on a daily basis.

I have had the Philips ones from Target about a year and a half now. They go on sale as low as 79.99. I think they are on sale right now for 109.00. I would recommend buying the $15 warrenty. I had to use it once but so far so good. Very easy to use warrenty and have no problem since. We have done about 4 Disney drives on them and they are used on a daily basis.

How long is the warrenty for? I didnt know you could get an extra warrenty for them. I think that would be a plus!

The ones from Target we bought offers the extended warrenty for I think around $15 and it is for 3 years. It is a really good deal, at least you know you are safe for 3 years!

The ones from Target we bought offers the extended warrenty for I think around $15 and it is for 3 years. It is a really good deal, at least you know you are safe for 3 years!

we got our one from target. I just kept checking target and found the dual screen one on clearance for $65.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter