anyone bored? need help finding a rental car

Augustheather97

wild about Disney
I know people here are the best finding deals
we are landing 6/23/12 at 730 pm
at mco
leaving 7/1/12 turning it back in around 730 pm
would like at least a mid size...6'8 hubby, and 6'4 daughter....
so need leg room...lol
staying on property
but love having a cars freedom...
we have a almo and national card for frequent renters too
PLEASE help
can't find much.....
thanks so MUCH

DH does NOT like public transportation. At all. When we go to WDW we will generally fly in and arrive around the time you are. We will take DME to our resort.

We usually rent a car at the Car Care Center, for pickup the next morning. Alamo/National are located there, and will send a shuttle to pick you up at your resort, or at a park. We also usually return the car the night before we are scheduled to fly home, and take DME back to the airport.

This way we have a car for the vast majority of the trip, but we still knock 2 days of rental fees off the total.

Can't help much but one thing i've noticed is picking up or dropping car on half hr usually raises price. Try checking rate at 7p or 8p might help some. It did my car rental

Can't help much but one thing i've noticed is picking up or dropping car on half hr usually raises price. Try checking rate at 7p or 8p might help some. It did my car rental

This is usually true only if you are returning later than the pick up.

Rental cars are charged on a 24 hour cycle. Once you are past 24 hours, you will be charged hourly up to the total of the daily charge.

So, if you pick up a car at 10AM but return it at 11:30AM on the return day, you are going to be charged for an extra hour.

Its always best to return at the same time or earlier if you are looking to save money.

DH used to manage Enterprise Rent-A-Car :)

You are looking for a car way too early. You are better off waiting untill about 2 weeks before your trip. That is when rental companies will release their last minute rates. The last two trip we took I book the week we left and got a mid size with Alamo for a week and paid $84 in 2011 and $86 in 2012.

thanks everyone......I won;t start looking till 2 weeks before....and check it in earlier than the 24 hour mark....

thanks everyone......I won;t start looking till 2 weeks before....and check it in earlier than the 24 hour mark....

I would still consider looking. As long as you don't pre-pay, you can book and cancel as many cars as you want. I usually have better luck booking a car rental months in advance. Some of my best rates were booked 8-10 months prior. Also, don't just look at booking a midsize - look at all sizes. You might find a better price for bigger vehicles.

I know people here are the best finding deals
we are landing 6/23/12 at 730 pm
at mco
leaving 7/1/12 turning it back in around 730 pm
would like at least a mid size...6'8 hubby, and 6'4 daughter....
so need leg room...lol
staying on property
but love having a cars freedom...
we have a almo and national card for frequent renters too
PLEASE help
can't find much.....
thanks so MUCH

You can get a prepaid rate of $171CAN inc taxes with Budget for a full size on expedia.ca. US residents can book as well and if you cancel you get a refund within 24hrs.

WE have used Priceline name your own price. You can choose the date, size of car and even the time. They tell you it will be one of six companies before you complete your bid and they have always been a top company.

We got it last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter