Anyone booked with Virgin using Tesco clubcard deals?

Lizzy Lemon

DIS Veteran
Have you found the quote to be 'honest' or do they add a bit on when they find out you are booking with clubcard deals.

They won't be allowed to "add on a bit" when they find out you are paying with clubcard deals.

Yes i used my tesco deals. and no they didnt add anything on. It was brochure prices only. no discounts.

Yes i used my tesco deals. and no they didnt add anything on. It was brochure prices only. no discounts.

I am new to all of this-tesco deals!
I have been on the website to have a look and got diverted to the airmiles site where it said that you can get miles form other places such as shell. and seeing as dh has a shell card with 20000 points on it I am going to look into how to change them. Has anyone got any advice for a novice as to how the whole thing works??
Thanks!

Hi Netty,

Try this website- www.paidtoshop.co.uk and go to the Tesco Clubcard link where you will find all sorts of discussions regarding how to save and how to spend Tesco Clubcard points. There is a separate link for Florida with lots of helpful info.

If you can find your way around these boards you will be fine over there.

Camac

Hi Netty,

Try this website- www.paidtoshop.co.uk and go to the Tesco Clubcard link where you will find all sorts of discussions regarding how to save and how to spend Tesco Clubcard points. There is a separate link for Florida with lots of helpful info.

If you can find your way around these boards you will be fine over there.

Camac

Brill, thanks!! :thumbsup2

I highly recommend the Paidtoshop website - I saw a post about paying for trips to Florida with Tesco deals and thought it was totally unrealistic but followed the link out of nosiness!!!! That was in August and so far i have approx £420 in clubcard vouchers worth £1680 in deals on a Virgin holiday - that is from 1 and a half quarters of Tesco mailings so it is definitely making it more likely that we will be able to go in 2009 and keep our ressies for a 7 night cruise on the Magic (we had budgeted for a European Cruise but didn't think we would save enough to cover the flights and accommodation to go to the USA in school holidays)

Regarding the OPs question about booking with Tesco deals and whether the price will change - there are no discounts other than standard brochure advertised discounts such as early booking allowed - the recommendation on Paid To Shop is NOT to use the phone number on the Tesco deals vouchers as this alerts them to the fact you are payng with deals and therefore theoretically they could charge you a higher price - instead use the general booking line, get all the details sorted and the price confirmed before stating that you will be paying \ part paying in Tesco deals.

Hope this helps,
Mel
x

I too have booked a holiday and paid in full using my deals, for the flight, the taxes and the accomodation.

The car hire tickets etc all have to be paid for in real money.

First of all get an online quote before you ring up, you will have this price to pay, before the on-line discount.

We are going to OKW in August for 2 weeks with the free dining plan. I had to pay for my park tickets from Virgin, which were a bit more expensive than other retailers, buy hey! I got to stay at a fab resort for £597.00. You can't get to Florida cheaper than that and stay at OKW.

I paid £3400 in deals after converstion.

If they say you can't pay the taxes with deals, ask them to check with a supervisor, say your friend did, and they will then honour it. If they won't ring back later on and you will get someone else.

Good luck and have a great time

I too hang out on PTS

lol im also on PTS , same name over there as well!
great site, were saving for 2009, as already booked 2008, i have over 1000 in deals at the moment x

Am I being daft? I can't see on the Clubcard site how you order the Deals vouchers to spend with Virgin?
I can see how you order the Deals but nothing to do with Virgin anywhere?

Found it now, never mind! Knew I was being daft!

PTS is a God send. I've only been on there a few weeks and have already gained so much more extra points than I usualy would have.

I just hope Virgin and Cosmos don't pull the plug on it :sad1:

You have got to love PTS - I have only started but managed enough BA miles to pay for 2 flights in July :goodvibes

I paid for our holiday last September with Clubcard deals.

The price I paid was exactly the same as the price quoted online (although at the time of booking they weren't offering any online discounts so this will be why).

The only thing we didn't book through Virgin was the car as I found it cheaper elsewhere. We could have paid for the whole thing in vouchers without parting with any cash but we didn't have quite enough so I paid £270 in cash and the rest (approx £900) in vouchers.

It was really, really easy. I got the vouchers through promptly from Tesco and Virgin applied them to my account within a week. I sent them Special Delivery to Virgin so that I could ensure they got there and within a short time frame.

Can I just ask to get so many vouchers do you all have the Tesco CC as well as the reward card?

I've got a Tesco Credit card that I use for almost ALL my monthly spending and then pay off at end of month.

Like the others I also look on paidtoshop for extra points etc. I also use moneysavingexpert.com as there's often tips on there too. Sign up for Martin's weekly email and you find out all the latest ways to save money on things

Can anyone tell me if you are able to include the dining plan (not free dining) and pay for that in vouchers too? Technically as it is classed as a room upgrade rather than an extra would I be able to pay for it in vouchers?

Can anyone tell me if you are able to include the dining plan (not free dining) and pay for that in vouchers too? Technically as it is classed as a room upgrade rather than an extra would I be able to pay for it in vouchers?

Sory, you will have to pay hard cash for the dining plan. It is counted as an extra

I also lurk on PTS. Although i have got some extra points I am nowhere near getting as many as I would need to go to florida again. I must be missing a trick!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter