• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone booked with Thomson?

laura_<3

DIS Veteran
We usually book our holidays with Thomas Cook, however for 2011 Thomson have the best prices at the moment (5 adults, 1 child, silver villa in Kissimmee, car hire and insurance - quoted £6381).

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks.

Also the villas are located in Kissimmee, including Haines City, Clermont and Davenport. Does anyone know what these areas are like?

Thanks.

My honest answer, as an employee of one of the large tour operators is book it all seperately...that is an extremely high price for what you are getting and by booking yourself you have better control over where your villa is...if you end up in Haines City much of your holiday will be taken up with travel and to be honest very few of their villas are actually located in actual Kissimmee.

Yes i was going to book a villa with thomson this year but was told that all them 3 locations are not near the major attractions, so that put me off straight away. I think the highlands reserve villas would be nearest how much are they?
Also thomsons baggage allowence isnt the best dont know if that comes into the equation?
I ended up doing diy, didnt book the villa in the end but their is some good sites about for villas closer to disney, not to expensive either.
Cant remember the sites now but if you google it, or post on here someone can help.
I think these are 2 i remember to be quite good.
www.vr360floridavillas.co.uk
www.vr360homes.co.uk
Good luck.

Hello,

We booked our flight through FC who is part of Thomson and flying with Thomson.

We priced up virgin and saved around £2K plus by going with FC.

We then booked disney direct.

Saved ourselves a fortune

May i ask what your dates are? And also is your insurance for travel insurance or car insurance?
As there is a few diffrent prices about.

May i ask what your dates are? And also is your insurance for travel insurance or car insurance?
As there is a few diffrent prices about.

Thanks everyone.

28th July - 11th August.

The price included travel and car insurance.

Yeah a virgin fly drive is hitting around 5500, not including travel insurance or villa. Though va's prices seem crazy at the minute. Like others have said id be tempted to diy. At least maybe email some villa owners to get some prices for yourself. Windsor hills is meant to be a nice complex.

Seems a lot to me, but then we always DIY too, We like that we are able to choose our exact villa based on our needs, and having been to package villas before we started booking them ourselves have never found the location is ideal.

Flew twice with thompson/FC last year and thought they were good. We flew in the premium section and whilst not as good as Virgin, it was quite close and half of what Virgin were charging to upgrade at the time.

Only issue we had was the flight was to Sanford not MCO. But you do land earlier so there is a bit of a trade off

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter