Anyone booked a day room at Atlantis with Marriott points?

jmb910

Obsessed with anything Disney!
I saw availability for one night at Atlantis using my Marriott rewards points on the day we are in port. How does that work with check in and check out times? Do you book the day we are in port or the night before so you can use it that morning and the rest of the day since I assume they don't kick you out of the pool at 11am? ;)

Do they charge more for 5 people? I have 3 young children and wasn't sure if there was a 4 person maximum even though we aren't sleeping there.

I've seen lots of info about booking a day room at Comfort Suites, but nothing on Atlantis itself using points.

Thank you!

Interesting idea! I would just call the reservation line. DH has had pretty good luck with the Marriott Gold line for various requests/reservations but we haven't been to Nassau since Atlantis joined the Marriott portfolio.

Very interesting idea. I have the points to swing this for our family of three. The issue is only whether they are set up like the Comfort Inn there where they have no problem if you want to "check in" at 9:30 a.m. as they know you're just picking up a wristband.

I saw availability for one night at Atlantis using my Marriott rewards points on the day we are in port. How does that work with check in and check out times? Do you book the day we are in port or the night before so you can use it that morning and the rest of the day since I assume they don't kick you out of the pool at 11am? ;)

Do they charge more for 5 people? I have 3 young children and wasn't sure if there was a 4 person maximum even though we aren't sleeping there.

I've seen lots of info about booking a day room at Comfort Suites, but nothing on Atlantis itself using points.

Thank you!

You're probably going to need to book for the night following your arrival in port. Hotels typically release rooms where guests do not arrive by 3:00 or 4:00 a.m.

Per the information at the Atlantis site, they have changing (and luggage) facilities for those who arrive earlier than check-in (which is 4:00 pm).

If you book the night before and the night after then tell they you will be a late arrival that could work but your points for two nights might be worth more than what you would pay for a day use rate. I don't know if rooms accommodate 5 or not.

We booked using our points (40k or 45k...cannot remember). Marriott customer service requested early check in but the room might not be ready before 12. He also asked for arrival time which I gave b/t 9:30 -10. We have a family of 5 and we need 5 water park bracelets. Since we are using the points we will only have to pay $80.00 extra b/c one child is 17 and the other two are under 10. We have a room in the tower which is further away but I'm not sure this matters so much because we will be using the water park. This is really good price when without points it was $1500, Disney was about $800 and comfort suite across the street was about $550. FYI...If you open a new Marriott card they give you 80k points. You can also buy points if you don't have enough which still might be cheaper.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter