Anyone book a DL trip thru Costco? Good Deal?

I always book through costco & haven't had any problems booking 5 nights. Maybe this is a recent change?? Does anyone know when we'll be able to book out past December? I'm anxiously waiting to book a February trip!

Make sure you use the vouchers at the full amount as they will not give change. Example if we spend $70 we only use one voucher and pay the difference.

I have a different take.We go alot here, son is a CM.My wife has scored some great deals at Tropicana, and other nearby hotels by calling and chatting a bit.We got our parking fees waived this time at Anaheim Suites, wife was going for a long trip, she got him to lower room to $105 and no parking fees.Last time we got Tropicana Executive Suite for $179.We also got a rent car cheaper she got a mini van for 12 days for like $800.I would urge you to get the airfair down first and shop online then call.It is competitive sometimes if you call here you will get a deal.This was during August during the Disney Convention so we were really happy.We also got $145 for Embassy Suites for the other dates I though this was a deal too.Rental cars are especially variable we had tried Costco and everywhere else and she found some kind of So Cal deal from some email from one of our prior visits so you never know.Deals can be had.

I just looked into the info for booking Costco when I saw this thread and it is definitely way more expensive for us. But I'm cheap and we are staying at the Motel 6 Maingate for only $314 for 5 nights.

We are also doing a character meal at Goofy's Kitchen, and when I priced it all it only comes to a little under $1,200. But I used 10% off Target rewards to purchase my Disney gift cards and saved a ton. We also will get 10% off our meal with our Disney credit card.

Even with airfare we haven't quite hit $2,000. Of course we still need to pay for a shuttle to and from the airport and for food in the parks, but I'm buying Disney gift cards whenever I get a Target gift card with purchases I make so I should save even more by the time we go.

After 18 trips to WDW I am really to try DL for the first and am guessing ONLY time as it is a complete haul across the USA to get to DL. I am thinking of dividing the trip into segments with one segment being DL. I noticed Costco offers a trip to DL with tickets but I have no idea if it is a good deal or not. From what I have gathered on other threads, doesn't seem like DL does the nice price discounts that WDW does. Funny thing I always get PINS for DL and never WDW. So I don't know if I wait for a discount to book or book thru Costco if good deal. I am talking June 2014....Thanks!

I have booked through Costco. I appreciate their perks that come with the purchase. I love getting the free character meal for each person in my party. Financially speaking, for a family of five, this is a great discount.

Thanks so much for the great replies. I guess I am use to WDW and I think there are certain months that you know a promotion for WDW is coming out and I know to wait to book for their summer deal etc.

Is this NOT the case with DL? Is it the earlier you book the better the rate or do you wait for the summer promotions to be announced?

I read a thread where someone was complaining about 400 plus night a room and someone else responded that they paid 250. So I can't figure out the price differential and thought maybe Costco was the factor but does not sound it. If anyone could let me know WHEN to book for June 2014 or how to know when the price is right to book I would appreciate it.

Also - which of the 3 hotels do you prefer? We LOVE Yacht Club at Disneyworld and Boardwalk at Disneyworld for comparison sake...

I prefer the Grand Californian but it is expensive. It is, however, the most WDW resort like. We have also enjoyed the DL hotel and Paradise Pier. The thing about Paradise Pier is that there is a longer walk to the parks and if you stay across the street in one of the Good Neighborhood hotels, the walk could potentially be less; not to mention cost way less per night. They are however, NOT like even the moderate or value hotels at WDW.

You really can't wait around too long, the hotels actually book completely up. When I am booking a stay, I try three places. I call DL directly, AAA, and Costco to see who will give me the 'best' deal. I don't think you are going to have a lot of luck to be honest with you. When Sept. 11 happened, there were fantastic prices to be had for several months at the Grand California but when we went to extend our stay at check in, the quote for an additional night was what we were paying for three nights. So even then, the discount didn't extend too long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter