Anyone been to Universal on New Years Eve??

louise1928

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone

I was told today that ticket prices for Universal for New Years Eve will be approximately $150.00 pp or more....Has anyone been there for New Years Eve, and if so is it really worth it???

Thanks

That price is for a special New Years Eve party with entertainment that takes place at Citywalk. The park admission prices do not change for New Years Eve.

Thanks Earl,

I meant to specify Citywalk for New Years Eve, not the parks...........Has anyone else been before, or going this year???

We were there last year, we paid around $100 per ticket and it was worth every penny...we had a great time. What they do is close off the upper 1/2 of City Walk to party ticket holders only. There are buffets outside and inside of every club/restaurant. Little bars set up all over outside as well. The food is wonderful. The music is excellent...you get to club hop all you want and eat all you want. We had been to city walk many times, but never had a chance to check out all the clubs...now these clubs are our favorite places to go. You also get party favors and champagne at midnight. Drinks were not included. We were just talking about this party the other day and we are definately going to go again. After the big fireworks show...they open up the upper part to everyone coming out of the parks. We left about 2am...very very nice party!

The New Years eve bash sounds like a lot of fun!! I did not know you get food included! and a champagne toast...We are looking forward to it.....The person I spoke @ Universal said the tickets may be at least $150.00 this year...But I should call back around August for the exact price...But hey, if you get food, champagne, club admission, the works, it is worth it...

What hotel will you be staying at?? We chose the Holiday Inn & Suites because of the good rates we got. But I am still checking other hotel prices....

Louise

Probably the Portofino again, if I can afford it, there aren't any discounts at this time..but it is convenient. All we have to do is take the boat back to the resort after the party. I will probably check some of the off site hotels as well...I don't mind taking a cab...there are a lot of them that are very close.

How was the weather on New Years Eve? We will be going the first week in January and I'm a little concerned that we will be cold. What is typical January weather for Orlando?

The weather last new years eve was very chilly, 32 degrees...but nobody seemed to mind. I bought some cuddle duds for underneath my clothes. That was unseasonably cold...usually we are swimming yet in an unheated pool at that time of the year. Hopefully this year it will be a little warmer on New Years Eve, either way, we will be at City Walk!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter