Anyone been to ICE at Gaylord Palms?

Debs Hill

DIS Veteran
We are considering a XMAS 2010 trip and wondered if anyone out there has been to ICE at Gaylord Palms............and if so what was it like?!!!
Debsx:goodvibes

we went on xmas day, had lunch at sams then did ice before wondering around the resort then staying for the xmas day concert. It was a great day and ice made it feal very xmassy. Ice takes about 30-40mins to walk round and was very nice, but it was more the overall day that was good so I would recomend at least 1/2 day here to make the most of it. There is also iceskating and carolers around

I went last December, we spent our last few hours there before heading off to the airport. It was a nice way to end our christmas trip. :santa:

If you want to see some photos then click the link in my signature for my December 2008 report, it is the last day. :thumbsup2

As others have done, went before we went home. Ice sculptures are good but felt is was very expensive for such a short walk though, very long lines when we went but we paid a few dollars more for 'FastPass' ticket.

Would not do it again, just OK really. When we came back found out that our friends (who live out there) daughter works at the hotel so we could got comps! DOH!

We've booked to go this year, we're also going to eat there at Villa de Flora which always seems to have good reviews.

Hi

We did ICE for the first time last year.

We had some friends staying at the hotel so we had the day with them them went round ICE later in the evening.

We did enjoy it and it was nice to see something a bit different but I think it's one of those thing that you probably do once just for the experience, although seeing my 60year old mum having great fun coming down the ice slides was rather embarrasing to say the least!!, even my DD's disowned her!!

Makesure you wrap up warm though as it is freezing!!

Hope you have a great timexx
We've booked to go this year, we're also going to eat there at Villa de Flora which always seems to have good reviews.

Agree with all the above posts - it's great, but a one-off thing, and only if you have the spare $$.

Just had a quick look at my online photo albums (i'm away from the laptop with all my florida photos on); the majority of the pictures on this album are of ICE. Feel free to browse! The flash on the camera caught the edges in the ice blocks - you can't see them in the real thing.

Just a small note though about cameras - and they warn you about this at the entrance - most cameras can't handle the temperature in there, so check your manual first if you want to take pics. I cheated - had it wrapped in it's case in a small hand towel, under my jumper, just popped it out to take photos and back in so it didn't have chance to get too cold. Risky, but it was up for replacement within a couple of days so i went for it :thumbsup2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter