• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone been to Florida Aquarium?

snow88

Mouseketeer
I'm taking my 5 yr old DS to Tampa/St.Petersburg/Orlando area and was planning on taking him to Sea World. Someone recommended Florida Aquarium. He wants to see dolphins, penguins, and sharks. He goes back and forth about the sharks but he has seen Happy Feet 1& 2 so he is very excited about the penguins but all he talks about are the dolphins. You have to go on a boat to see the dolphins at Florida Aquarium from what I read. He has Aspergers and is very active so I'm wondering if it is stimulating enough for him. Anyone have any suggestions?

At the Florida Aquarium, they offer the Wild Dolphin Cruise, which is the boat you were talking about to go see dolphins. Its an additional cost to the admission in to the aquarium and I'm not too sure if the cruise is operated by the aquarium, or by another company but it does leave from the aquarium and you can buy tickets there. I've been on it once before and I thought it was really neat! You board a catamaran (it's a pretty big boat with two levels) and go out in to the channel thats by the port of Tampa and cruise around to look at dolphins. We saw a lot of dolphins while we were out there, so I'm sure your son would love it! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter