Anyone been to Dollywood and or rented a cabin ?

roliepolieoliefan

DIS Veteran
I've been looking at Dollywood as a possible summer destination for myself, DH, DS (14) and DD (9).
Looks like fun from the website.
I was also looking at renting a log cabin.
I looked at the ones through Dollywood which seem way more expensive than the private rental ones.

Anyone been?
Where did you stay?
Is it worth it?
We are in PA, about an 8 hour drive.

TIA!

We've rented two cabins in that area, from Sunset Accommodations, and loved them. Love the area. It quickly became one of our favorite vacation destinations. Just so much to see and do, between the national park and all the drives and walking trails, and all the touristy stuff in town to do. We spent a day at Dollywood and really enjoyed it, especially the arts and crafts area. We aren't into the thrill rides but still found plenty to do for the day. We enjoyed the shows in town, like the Comedy Barn and a few others. Also so many great restaurants: Bennett's and Corky's for great barbecue, The Old Mill, Applewood Farm, etc. Loved going to Alewine Pottery in the crafts district (lots of places to check out there).

Hi

We rented a cabin with Hidden Mountain Resorts. Great experience. Cabin was beautiful and we had a great time. Rented for thanksgiving so I've never been in the summer and I haven't been to Dollywood but I have heard its worth the money. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

We live about 2 1/2 hours away and go to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg about once a year (at least). We've had really good success with Mountain Laurel Chalets and Timber Tops Rentals.

Hi

We rented a cabin with Hidden Mountain Resorts. Great experience. Cabin was beautiful and we had a great time. Rented for thanksgiving so I've never been in the summer and I haven't been to Dollywood but I have heard its worth the money. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

I've rented from them before and was very pleased.

I've been to Dollywood Splash Country and thought it was nice. Can't remember what time of year, but it wasn't very crowded.
We are going on a field trip to Dollywood in May, I'll let you know how it goes!

We live about 2 1/2 hours away and go to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg about once a year (at least). We've had really good success with Mountain Laurel Chalets and Timber Tops Rentals.

HEY! I'm from Chattanooga, too!

I've never been to Dollywood, but we've rented several cabins in the smokies, as well as tent camped in the park. Our favorite camp grounds are Cades Cove and smokemont. We've rented cabins through Auntie Belham's and another that I'm not thinking of right now, sorry. Both were very nice.

We like to spend most of our time in the smokies hiking, but the last time we went, we just did all the touristy stuff in Gatlinburg and had a lot of fun.

Be sure to do the Roaring Fork Motor Trail (you drive through it and can pull over and get out whenever you see a pretty spot - just watch for bears).

We went to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg this past summer. There were 14 of us, 7 were teenagers.:rolleyes:

We stayed here: http://http://www.smokiesrentals.com/VacationRentalsListing.cfm?ListingId=18731471

We did Dollywood and the water park. It was the first week of June and the water was still quite chilly (to me at least) at the water park. We enjoyed Dollywood. The park is a good combination of thrill rides and shows. The thrill seakers in the group did what they wanted and the show lovers did what they wanted.

I love the show at Dollywood. The water park is good two.

We have never been, but we live about three and a half hours away and bought season passes. We go for the first time the second week of April. I will let you know our opinions then. :)

I have heard really good things about Dollywood though.

Yes, we've been to Dollywood quite a few times, and love it. Regarding cabins, you can find private cabins in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area at

SmokyMountainViews.com

Good luck!

We love Dollywood, and several of our friends have season passes and we all live in Indiana!

We didn't stay in a cabin, we stayed in a condo, but there were lots of cabins all around and they all looked nice!

Traffic is a bear, but overall it is a great place to visit!

Traffic is a bear, but overall it is a great place to visit!
A BEAR!!! Buwhahahahaha!! Did you mean that pun?? Sorry....carry on. :rotfl:

We're going for our first Gatlinburg visit in two weeks!! We rented a cabin through VRBO....but I can't comment yet on our experience. I'll try to come back and let you know!!

A BEAR!!! Buwhahahahaha!! Did you mean that pun?? Sorry....carry on. :rotfl:

We're going for our first Gatlinburg visit in two weeks!! We rented a cabin through VRBO....but I can't comment yet on our experience. I'll try to come back and let you know!!

I thought of that after I posted, but decided to leave it! Have a great trip!

We went to Dollywood in Oct. 12 and had a great time as usual. It had been awhile since our last trip there and quite a few new things had been added. Love the shows and the whole atmosphere of the place. We have had good look with VRBO and never been dissappointed.

Have a great time at Dollywood!! It is a neat park, with lots of variety for all the different personalities in your group. It definitely has a more relaxed feel than WDW, although it can still get very crowded.

There is a KOA right up the road from there...but I'm guessing that is not the sort of cabin you had in mind. ;)

Dollywood, like WDW, is a theme park which makes it better than, say, a Six Flags experience.
It is a fun place to spend the day and every year they seem to add something big and change some things with good updates.

I think there is just so much to do in this area:Dollywood, Splash Country, shopping, shows (like the Dixie Stampede which is expensive but a treat to see), then you have all of Gatlinburg and the aquarium there (very good), hiking, biking, a trip to Cades Cove in the Smokies, and a visit to Townsend (the peaceful side of the Smokies).

It's a wonderful place for a weekend or a week long vacation. Plenty of food, crafts, the river for tubing...the list goes on and on.

Today I went up to Townsend and went for a little run, stopped at a wonderful little cafe called Firefly Cafe in Townsend and had lunch. Then, I visited a little garden store up there at a small shopping area called Trillium Cove.
I live 10 mins from Townsend and I have decided to enjoy the area more this year, take advantage of living in such a wonderful place that I am always telling people how great it is, they should come visit when I was rarely getting up there myself!

Enjoy your visit. I think Spring's coming early!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter