Anyone been to DHS on Fantasmic days recently??

sqerlygirl

Earning My Ears
We are going next week and have never seen Fantasmic but we will not be park hopping . I am worried about DHS being packed the entire day on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

What have the crowds been like recently?

How soon did you get in line for the show?

TIA!!
CHarlene

We went last week and did not go to Fantasmic this trip. It was EMH too, so there were shows at 630 and 830 I think. By 8pm they were saying standing room only. We found this was a good time to do other rides, but be out of the area when the show lets out - everyone who is staying for EMH rushes rockin Roller Coaster and TT.

Crowds weren't that bad.

I would either plan to get there 45 minutes ahead of time or get one of the dinner packages. Problem with the dinner packages is they make you eat pretty early, but it does get you into a reserved section. I still think you have to get there early, so not sure how much it helps.

I was working at Indiana Jones yesterday. Park attendence was about 50% higher than normal for this time of year. It was not as crowded as the holidays, but we had almost all of our shows as Standing Room Only and a couple of them we had to close access to the theater before the show even started.

Does fantasmic have different showing times? I thought it was at one showing time at 7'oclock. Well maybe that's just in Feb.

I thought it was odd that they moved evening EMH at DHS from Thursday Feb 12 to Monday Feb 9, the same night as Fantasmic. Maybe they know the park gets packed on the Fantasmic nights, so they're keeping it open later?

Also, right now the official park calendar is showing DHS closing at 6pm on Thursday Feb 12 - I thought Thursdays were also a night for Fantasmic? Is the calendar wrong, or are they going to have it at 6pm?

I was there last week and got to DHS at 5pm for the 8pm fantasmic show and the park was so packed I turned around and left.
All the food and ride lines were pretty long for January.
I didn't get to see Fantasmic but I went back the next day, a non fantasmic day and DHS was not crowded at all and I got on everything with little to no waits.

We haven't tried watching Fantasmic during our last trip but thats one we are looking forward to happen in our next trip. I can't wait that to happen.:)

Have a nice day everyone. :)

Reports have indicated that 2nd shows were added this week on both days Fantasmic was scheduled. The 2nd show for Monday was not known until it was listed on Steve Soars web site on Saturday night. Apparently the 2nd show yesterday may have just been announced that day. It nice that they are adding 2nd shows, but the short notice makes it hard for planning.

We were just there last week and when we went to Fantasmic about 45 minutes before the show it was closed. They were letting no one in and were saying that since it is only running twice a week at this time of year you may need to get there 1 to 1 1/2 hours in advance. No way with a 3yr old were we doing that so we missed it this time around.

What I find troubling is that both Touring Plans and Ride Max recommend DHS on Sunday 2/22, but that is a Fantasmic! night. That seems to go against everything that has been reported on the DIS. As of now we are going on those recommendations and heading to DHS that day, but leaving around 4:00ish.

I was not happy that even with the dinner package we were asked to show an hour earlier and told over and over again "not guarantee you get in any later" It was a cold night and was packed! the whole park was crowded and CMs told us people were lining up for show 3 hours earlier :scared:
We thought it was very good but not sure I would go thru all that trouble to see it, limiting the schedule to twice a week was not a good idea.

With all of the recent reports, I have been considering canecelling my FDP and skipping F! altogether this year.

We were just at DHS this past Thursday and the crowds were ridiculous, I've never seen so many people at DHS and this was a Fantasmic day.

I know for us we are going to MK the morning of Feb 9th but are hopping over to DHS for Fantasmic that night.

We were there Thursday too and it was really crowded. I figured it was because it was a Fantasmic night. We got to the theater just before 6 pm for the 7 pm show and it was over halfway filled already by then.

I know for us we are going to MK the morning of Feb 9th but are hopping over to DHS for Fantasmic that night.

Hey, that's exactly what Im doing on the 9th! Do you think there will be enough time for me head over to DHS for the parade, eat at Pizaa Planet and have time to arrive on time for Fantasmic? :lmao: :coffee:

We'll be at DHS all day February 9th. I'm really hoping it's not that bad, Fantasmic is our favourite show and we've decided to only see it once because of the crowd reports lately.

I was not happy that even with the dinner package we were asked to show an hour earlier and told over and over again "not guarantee you get in any later" It was a cold night and was packed! the whole park was crowded and CMs told us people were lining up for show 3 hours earlier :scared:
We thought it was very good but not sure I would go thru all that trouble to see it, limiting the schedule to twice a week was not a good idea.

I like Fantasmic, but there is no way its worth waiting 3 hours for. I am very disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter