Anyone been to DHS lately

GreenDog

Disney, baseball and Buckeyes - life is good
For anyone that has been there in the last few weeks - what is the opening procedure looking like right now? Are they doing the opening show and holding everyone or are they allowing people to simply enter and go where they wish? I had heard at one point the latter was true and that you could get in before the posted "opening" time. Any info would be useful. We will be there Friday and I am thinking strategy here!!

The latter. We got in around 8:50am a couple of weeks ago & people were allowed to go wherever they wanted. Most people still headed for TSMM, but it was not a stampede like it used to be when the cast member would lead you over. Much more pleasant!

We were there at 8:50 two days ago and several rides were already open and accepting guests. Toy Story already had a 25 minute wait. I asked a cast member and he said they now "unofficially" open the park at 8:45 to releive the crowd that builds up. But the official opening time is still 9 AM.

We were there at 8:50 two days ago and several rides were already open and accepting guests. Toy Story already had a 25 minute wait. I asked a cast member and he said they now "unofficially" open the park at 8:45 to releive the crowd that builds up. But the official opening time is still 9 AM.

This:thumbsup2

We will be there in about 2 weeks and I hope it stays like this.

This makes me giddy excited and I still have a couple of months to wait. Oh I hope they continue this eeek.

that sounds good to me..hope it stays this way....we'll be there in 4 weeks.

On the day we were there for EMH a couple weeks ago they let us in at 7:45 and we headed straight for rides. We also went for regular opening one day and they let everyone in at 8:45. So much easier than holding everyone back. We even got to do Jedi Training both days with hardly anyone before us. Everyone headed straight for TSM.

If they let everyone in at 8:45, do they still do a rope drop show?

Thanks for the info everybody!! I appreciate the responses.

We were there on Friday. We were let in about 10 minutes before opening. We headed straight to TSM and were on and off the ride by 9:05. There was no opening show.

This:thumbsup2

We will be there in about 2 weeks and I hope it stays like this.

Yeah, we were there two days ago also. I guess I can't get too excited about this, though. So, they open 15 minutes earlier. What difference does that make?

Yeah, we were there two days ago also. I guess I can't get too excited about this, though. So, they open 15 minutes earlier. What difference does that make?

It means less people running as one mass group to TSM. All reports are it works pretty well.

jlevis said:
Untill everyone starts showing up early for the 8:45 opening. Crowds adapt and they adapt quickly.

This has been going on for months. They haven't adapted yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter