Anyone been to Citricos recently

jiminy14

DIS Veteran
In my DD quest to eat at all the WDW restaurants, we have ADRs at Citricos for our upcoming trip. The menu on Allears is from 2006 and I was hoping to find some more recent reviews/feedback. Thanks!

In my DD quest to eat at all the WDW restaurants, we have ADRs at Citricos for our upcoming trip. The menu on Allears is from 2006 and I was hoping to find some more recent reviews/feedback. Thanks!

We were there in April and it was spectacular. Food was outstanding as was the service. It was lovely and quiet, rare at WDW. Our table was by the window and we had a nice view out over the resort.

We were also there in April and it was wonderful. I had also eaten there in 2005 and I think the place got even better!

We were there in May and loved Citricos!

We were there in April and it was spectacular. Food was outstanding as was the service. It was lovely and quiet, rare at WDW. Our table was by the window and we had a nice view out over the resort.

I was also there in April and had a lovely meal. However, I did note that on this occasion, the restaurant seemed to be very loud. I wouldn't not go there for this reason, but did want to mention it.

I ate there in December. I loved the two things I had, butternut squash soup for my appetizer, which came with crab and some kind of citrus cream. Yummy, best soup I had all week, and I had several soups, three of them being butternut squash.

I had the gateau (sp?) of crab for my entree, even though it is technically an appetizer. That was absolutly delicious, and if I return to Citricos, I will definatly be getting that again.

The dessert, pumpkin cheesecake, was plated beautifully, but I was dissapointed with it. It was very dry.

The service was also so-so, though he got better towards the end of the evening.

I was also there in April and had a lovely meal. However, I did note that on this occasion, the restaurant seemed to be very loud. I wouldn't not go there for this reason, but did want to mention it.

Wow, what time were you there? We had a 7:30 reservation. The place was better than half empty and it was super quiet. There was one table with kids at it right next to us but the kids were beautifully behaved (we complimented their parents on the way out) and the tables are not close together anyway.

We were there in May as well. I must say though out of our 5 trips to Citricos this was the most disappointing. The food was fantastic as usual but our waiter was very slow. He could only take care of one table at a time and as we were against the window he only came to our table 3 times. Once to get our drink order, once to get our meal order (he did not deliver the food), and then to give us our check!:mad: Did even ask about dessert. We talked with the manager and all he said was that they were very busy that night. :confused: We were there at 8:30 and the restaurant was not even half full!!! He took our dessert order and then brought it to us boxed up. I guess basically telling us to leave.
But don't let this sway you! We have never had a bad meal here. I have just noticed an overall decline in service for the past 2 years. Maybe that will change next year with the new dining plan?? ;)

We were there in May as well. I must say though out of our 5 trips to Citricos this was the most disappointing. The food was fantastic as usual but our waiter was very slow. He could only take care of one table at a time and as we were against the window he only came to our table 3 times. Once to get our drink order, once to get our meal order (he did not deliver the food), and then to give us our check!:mad: Did even ask about dessert. We talked with the manager and all he said was that they were very busy that night. :confused: We were there at 8:30 and the restaurant was not even half full!!! He took our dessert order and then brought it to us boxed up. I guess basically telling us to leave.
But don't let this sway you! We have never had a bad meal here. I have just noticed an overall decline in service for the past 2 years. Maybe that will change next year with the new dining plan?? ;)

Sounds like the waiter I had back in 2004 :) That was our only bad dining experience at Disney. I figured it was an off night but I can't seem to convince DFi to go back. I told him it was more of an adult restaurant but I think the ratio of kids to adults was about the same as the Crystal Palace *lol*

The sauteed shrimp (with feta) appetizer at Citrico's is easily one of my favorite dishes of all time. :goodvibes

My wife and I went there last month. The service and atmosphere were very good. The food was not my cup of tea, however my wife loved it. I would go, just to get a few hours of quiet time:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter