Anyone been to Busch Gardens in TAMPA

Tara2004

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

We are doing Disney for 7 days then some days off then Universal for 2 days, then Legoland with some time off for shopping etc. We have a few days near the end of the trip and was thinking about going down to Tampa for 3 days and mabee going to Busch Gardens while there.

Just wondering if anyone has been there and whats it like. It might be more of the same after doing the other stuff.

Any ideas??

Not long to go for us now, its been 2 years in the planning

Hi Tara2004,

I have not posted for quite a while though I am still a regular lurker:)

We had our trip to Florida September/October 2010 and it was the most wonderful holiday I have ever been on.

We had a day at Busch Gardens and enjoyed the park just as much as Disney. It was a great combination of animals, rides and gardens.

I'm not sure when I will get back to Florida but I am hoping for 2013. I will defiantly go to Busch Gardens again and maybe spend 2 days as we did not get to see any of the shows with only one day to cover it.

Have a great trip!!:cool1:

Cool thanks for that. Did you take any kids? or do you think it is good for little kids ,like 7 and 4 yo?

I wouldn't bother. Spend more time at Disney.

I do not have young kids only young adults! That being said I agree with Colin that the park is more suitable to teens & adults.:)

I used to live right next to BG and would take my 3old son there weekly. They have fantastic animals- much better than Animal Kingdom, plus the all the rides. There is also a great kiddie area which is good for kids 3-9.
We are going to Disney in the spring and have already set aside the day to drive over to tampa.

Not exactly sure when you are going, but get the chance to get there as early as possible. The animals are usually much more active early and then late in the day. Because we lived close, we were able to go for an hour or two in the AM, then go back that evening. But there are also some good indoor restaurants- the restaurant next to the midway is not usually crowded, has good food, and puts on a good show- plus some good indoor shows.

Thank Rhett, Sounds like it would be good to take the young ones to, for something a bit different. I would like to stay around Tampa somewhere for a couple of days, got any ideas? We wanted to have a look around at some smaller towns that are not really touristy.

Tarpon springs, is just north of Clearwater, is pretty decent. They have the sponge (like for your kitchen sink) diving area there- apparently Tarpon Springs is the sponge capital of the world. They also have a couple nice smaller beaches there.
Otherwise I would go to St. Pete. Be sure to go to Fort De Soto beach there. It was ranked one of the top ten beaches a couple years ago. It costs about .50 to get to- tolls- which is nice because it limits the amount of people that go there.
One thing- busch gardens is about 50-60 minutes from both places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter