Anyone Been The Week Before Memorial Day?

BABYJOSIE98

DIS Veteran
:confused: One option for us next Spring is too go the week before Memorial day 2005????? How is it at that time???? Will the crowds be more managable than after Memorial day???

Thanks for the help.... I am anxious to get read some trip reports from this May to get an idea...:sunny:

We are going this May from the 22nd to the 28th. We have always gone in February or October so I am anxious to see how much of a difference we notice. I will let you know when we return.

Amy

Amy, we are going May 23-28!

I've heard crowds are not so bad then as some schools don't get out till mid-June. But, of course some like us will, so....?

Melinda

We went the 1st week in June last year and it wasn't bad at all. Going the last week of May this year and hoping it will be even better.

We will be arriving the 22nd and leaving on the Friday before Memorial Day. Hopefully the crowds won't be too bad. If anyone out there was at the World before Memorial Day last year it would be great to hear from you.

I'll be there too! We arrive the 23rd and leave the 29th. I too am anxious to see how it's going to be. Haven't gone that early in the summer before. I hope that the DVC Member Homecoming doesn't affect the crowds too badly.
Nancy:wave2:

We went last year the week before Memorial Day and it was very nice. The crowds weren't too bad and the weather was beautiful.

We went that time last year and it was very nice up until the weekend, then it got busy. Didn't phase us though as we just left the parks when it got crazy and lounged by the pool at AKL. Though the resort was hopping, it never felt crowded at the pool.

We were there that time last year. The crowds were relatively heavy over the weekend and were larger in the morning than they were in the afternoon or evening throughout the week. Very manageable with fastpass and careful planning. I also remember that it was an unseasonably hot week.

We will be there may 25th thru 30th. I have read that during the week is not that bad, that was in the past though, everyone is saying that attendance has picked back up. They keep telling everyone to expect bigger crowds this year.

it's good to hear that it'll be ok and not too bad! We'll be there also from May 24th to May 28th and we were a bit worried also about crowds. (We usually go in Dec. where the crowds aren't too bad)

Hope to see alot of you there!!!:teeth: ::yes::

You guys better report back! I want to plan a trip for next May the week before Memorial day......Let me know how it goes..

I hope you all have a great time!:thewave:

I am jealous!:wave2:

I will do a brief report once I get back from our trip (5/15 - 5/28) and let you know how crowded it is and what the weather is like. After that, I have to stay away from this board for awhile. If I come to this board anytime before having plans set up for my next vacation it just makes me ill.

I wanna be happy for everybody, but if people are saying that they are going...and I'm not...well I tend to get a stomachache and high temperature. It's jealousy to tha extreme!

I'll be there, too! My sis and I will be in Orlando 5/22-5/29. We're only doing major parks 2 or 3 days. We will be using up the 4 plusses each we had left from our October trip to go to TL and maybe BB. We were wanting a beach trip, but I could never get anything at Daytona/Ormond Beach using my RSG auction I won at Sky Auction last August (that was expiring 5/31/04). So we decided to head back to Orlando instead. Was hoping to get back into Orange Lake to do all the activities we didn't ahve time to enjoy 10/03, but nothing came up for them, either. So, we are at Silver Lake instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter