• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone been the the week over New Years?

crock

Earning My Ears
We've been toying with the idea of heading down on New Years Eve and staying through the following week. I think it would be fantastic to be there for New Years (we're not really a New Years Eve family), I wouldn't expect to do anything that night but just take it all in. I would assume it would be magical anyways and wonder if anyone has any insight. Would it be worth the crowds. Staying well into the following week, I hope wouldn't be as busy? Our thought (mine and DH) is to do it for a family Christmas present, allowing our DS (11) to open a present representing the trip on Christmas. This will be our 5th visit. Any ideas, thoughts? Thanks

Hi, I have been to Disney for New Years Eve. We flew in on Dec 31 and stayed for 13 days past that. We were told that we had to get to Magic Kingdom early since once it reaches capacity they close the park. So we got there early and the crowds were heavy but manageable. Once it started to get close to midnight the crowds were literally shoulder to shoulder. We could barely move! We got a spot near the castle to watch the countdown and fireworks. We brought in our own champagne and toasted the new year! It was sooo magical. Everyone was in such a great mood, everyone was partying! To be in the middle of MK was amazing! It took about 2 days for the crowds to go home and after that we had Disney to ourselves!!! LOL...A week after that they took the Christmas decorations down so we got to see Disney decorated and without.
I would definatly go...it is a once in a lifetime experience!
Have Fun!
Jamie

We went January 1-3 last year which was a Thursday through Saturday.

DHS on the 1st was busy but not too bad at all. We got FPs for Toy Story right at opening
MK on the 2nd was very, very crowded, but we managed well with a good touring plan and a laid back attitude
AK on the 3rd was again somewhat busy but not bad at all

My prediction is that the first weekend (New Years Day is a Friday in 2010) will be busy, but the week after that not at all, as most go back to school the 4th

The year we did Dec 26th to Jan 2nd, new years eve at Epcot was wall to wall people. We went there early, then left for dinner at the Boardwalk. Then took an illuminations cruise, so that was fun.

It was very festive, and we enjoyed the week. Also, it was super duper crowded! The parks closed daily due to capacity, but we just went early, stayed only a couple of hours, then really enjoyed the resort.

I would think shortly after the first, the crowds really go down. The weather is nice, can be cool, and it is probably a nice time to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter