anyone been on Carousel of Progress lately?

kanatamom

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

My family and I will be visiting Magic Kingdom on December 1, 2010(value season). Will it be open when we visit? I am confused as to whether it is open every day or just at the busier times in the year. Has anyone been able to ride during less busy times? My husband and I have been on in the past and would like to again with our children.

Thanks.

Hi Everyone,

My family and I will be visiting Magic Kingdom on December 1, 2010(value season). Will it be open when we visit? I am confused as to whether it is open every day or just at the busier times in the year. Has anyone been able to ride during less busy times? My husband and I have been on in the past and would like to again with our children.

Thanks.

I have not heard of it closing, except for refurb.

I am sure you will be fine.

:rolleyes1 There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow :rolleyes1

It seems WDW changed the schedule about 1-2 years ago. Previously, it was open seasonally. Now it is open on a full time basis, and as TWOKIDS wrote, your only concern is refurbs.

It was open October 2009 and March 2010 when we were there. And some friends were there last month and they said it was running because the little one was singing the song.

kelli

It's not a seasonal attraction. There is no reason to worry about it being closed unless it is undergoing rehab.

Yes even though its listed as seasonal some places, it hasn't been for a few years and is always open except for normal refurb or possibly some sort of breakdown.

It was open on the first weekend of August! Like others have said, it no longer operates seasonally.

CoP is a must see attracttion for us. It has always been open when we have gone, at least in the last 7 or 8 years.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I talked to a cm in 06 because I'd read it was seasonal and he said then it had been several years since it had been closed at all. It does have shorter hours most days, but it will be open mid-afternoon, when a nice cool spot to sit and enjoy a show is just screaming out to you.

I love CoP! I think we rode it 5/6 times this last trip. What a great spirit lifter!
You don't leave wet, or frightened, or shook up/knocked around, just your spirits high,your toes tapping and your smile bright! :woohoo:

We were there last December (12/1-12/10) and it was opened. My DH loves this ride, he could ride that ride all day long if the rest of us would allow him to.

I hope it is not being refurbed in October . . .my dd (8) would be devastated if she didn't get her Carousel of Progress fix . . it is by far, her favorite MK attraction and has been since her first visit 4 years ago. Can't wait for that great big beautiful tomorrow!

We rode it once during our trip last August. However, it was only up and running for a day or two while we were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter