Anyone be buying Pirates of the Caribbean when it arrives in Dec?

horsemouth

H.I.M. - Selassie I
I especially can't wait till this cracker of a movie streets on Dec the 2nd.

Depp just seems to get better and better - what with this, Return of the King and the Haunted Mansion hitting movie theatres - It's been a great year so far:D

Here is the Pirates Dvd cover which was announced earlier today.

pirates_lg.jpg

Yes:D

Thanks for the info on the release date.

With two children too young we haven't got to see it but we will definitely be pre-orering for December. Just the thing for a cold, dark winters night (preferably with a glass of wine in hand - LOL).

Is this UK or US release?.

I've pre-ordered the US release (well how could you not for £11?) am well looking forward to receiving it cause really enjoyed this at the cinema.

Des

Ok we've got an Orlando Bloom V's Johhny Depp camp going on;) (and I mean CAMP;) )

I will definitely be buyibng this when it comes out.

Is it my imagination or are films released much more quickly nowadays on video/DVD?? This is released only 4 months after being at the cinema?:rolleyes:

Will be buying it for sure, and yep they are getting released quicker, they have to as everyone has multiregion dvd players these days so the UK release has to be shortly after the US release or everyone just orders from across the pond.

Also there's probably the pirate factor, if it takes too long people are more likely to just go and download a dvd-rip which is incredibly easy these days, cost - 2 or 3 cds (up to 51p for 3), time taken - none (just leave the computer downloading)... so the lesson, release early and make it worth the money (that last bit seems to be ignored quite a lot :p)

DisneyDes - yes that is the US version - the UK version streets sometime in January.

If you have a region free player just grab the US print from most importers
http://www.play.com
Nice and cheap
http://www.laservisual.com/ -
Bit more pricey but guaranteed next day delivery + they are the fastest at getting the new releases, usually 2 weeks before official street date
http://www.cd-wow.com
Nice prices

Zigatoh - I don't care how long it takes - I would never watch a pirate movie - or download one - the quality is utter trash, which would spoil the movie - I had the chance to watch the fellowship when it was first doing the rounds on the hubs, but I would rather wait for the dvd as I know im getting great quality.

You ever seen a dvd that has been ripped to 3 cds - which mug would rather watch a 3 cd inferior copy than an original - it's just laughable:D:D

I have 2 pioneer dvd recorders in both pcs in my office - but doesn't mean I rip dvd movies with them.

Horse

I've preordered mine from DVDsoon.com, they've been very good in the past with pre-orders and tend to send them out shortly before they're released, and you'll have trouble beating their price £11.32 for Pirates the BIG down side is that they charge your credit card on order.

Des

Thanks for that dvd link Des - I don't think I've heard of that one.

Another place to order from - much to the wifes dismay:)

Why do you want all these dvd's for when we have them on Laserdisc? she'll moan.

She doesn't understand my movie addiction:confused:

Horse

I don't think I will be buying the DVD. I enjoyed the movie but not enough to buy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter