• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone back from Alaska yet?

Did Olaf have a meet & greet?? He's the one we're hoping for!! And possibly Kristoff? My girls would be ga-ga!!;)

The navigator shows that Olaf and Anna & Elsa need tickets. Did not notice one for Kristoff, but I wasn't looking for him.

Oh Yay!! Olaf with tickets! I see it now - I don't see Kristoff either:( we were just hoping - teen girls;) lol.

Thanks to all who helped to get the Navigators posted so quickly!! We will have fun looking through them this weekend and doing some preliminary planning!

yes, definitely the right side on the way down. They flip the seats.

Thanks. Yes the helicopter / dogsledding excursion was beyond incredible. I highly recommend. It was tough to budget for but well worth it! The camp is really something to see and the trainers are an amazing team.

Re: Vancouver - I would check into the hop on/off bus for Stanley Park. It's about a 2 mile walk to the park entrance from the Pan Pacific. You can hail a cab over for around 20.00 cad.

I personally would do Stanley Park precruise. It was a beautiful place to visit before we began to enjoy all the spectacular scenery in Alaska. Saw our first Eagle. the weather was beautiful and we loved spending the afternoon there.

But since you have preteens in tow, the Grouse Mtn/Capilano route may be the way to go with only 1 full day at Vancouver.

I don't know what to suggest to fit in all three sites. Capilano is the least time consuming and an easy free shuttle right at the Pan Pacific. A post cruise visit may be an quick option depending on how the group feels after a week of cruising. I was surprised at the price! I know Grouse Mtn is time consuming.

Question about dressing for the helicopter/dogsledding excursion... were you in a full-blown winter coat or just alot of layers? I'd rather not have to pack my puffer coat! But I don't want to be cold! Thanks!

Btw, your photos are amazing!

Getting excited. What time did the ship start boarding? And the tickets for character meets is new since we last cruised. Thrilled they are doing something as the long lines was such wasted time. How does it work - where/when do you get tickets and does it give you a time to report back?

We are Silver and had an 11:30 PAT and I would say we boarded a little after noon. DCL check in was the longest line. We finished right as our boarding group 6 was called.

At Port Adventures you will get a ticket for the meet & greet that is for your whole party. We got Princessses at 11:30 in the Atrium, A&E at 11:45 (I think in Studio Sea, but am not certain), and Olaf in AP at 3 all on the first sea day.

Looking at the Navigator's, I saw only one Mixology and it was 2:00 on Tracy Arm Day. That seems like really bad planning. Isn't that the time you are supposed to be at the glacier?

Last edited:
Looking at the Navigator's, I saw only one Mixology and it was 2:00 on Tracy Arm Day. That seems like really bad planning. Isn't that the time you are supposed to be at the glacier? Also I couldn't find the Art of the Theme tour. Did I just miss it or is it not on the Wonder?
Yeah, I see only one Mixology. Maybe not enough people booked it to warrant setting up another one? There are lots of Tastings, however.

Art of the Theme Show tour was on day 2 at 4 pm and day 7 at 1:45 pm.

Yeah, I see only one Mixology. Maybe not enough people booked it to warrant setting up another one? There are lots of Tastings, however.

Art of the Theme Show tour was on day 2 at 4 pm and day 7 at 1:45 pm.
Thank you! I didn't see either of these. Back I go to the Navigators.

Edit: Found it! I thought it was a ticketed event. I seemed to recall needing a ticket on the Fantasy two years ago. Well one mystery solved.

We will probably do the Tequila tasting, but I don't want to miss Tracy Arm for Mixolgy. #firstworldproblems

Thank you! I didn't see either of these. Back I go to the Navigators.

We will probably do the Tequila tasting, but I don't want to miss Tracy Arm for Mixolgy. #firstworldproblems
Well, you're in Tracy Arm for most of the day, right? Mixology only takes about an hour.

The tour was listed in the grid schedule at the back of the Navigators.

I've had my eye on the Chocolate and Wine Tasting. Tequila doesn't really appeal to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter